Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2018

Re: Bose SoundSport Wireless not charging

It has worked for me in terms of properly charging.  The only thing is that it max charges at 90%, but all functionality is working well.

Highlighted

Hello Sue28, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues charging your SoundSport Wireless headphones and that the product reset has not worked for you. 

To start to look to resolve this issue, I would suggest going to btu.bose.com on a computer and ensuring that your headphones software is up to date. After that, I would leave the headphones on charge in a plug socket using the original Bose Charging cable and an adapter for a minimum of 4 hours. 

If you do not have the original charger, please can you let me know which charger you are using with the headphones?

@khidie, I would suggest trying the steps above also to rectify the issue you are having with the headphones only charging to 90%. 

I very much look forward to hearing how you are getting on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2019

Hi to all,

I had the same problem, my SoundSport headphones turned green quickly when I plugged in the USB charger. Later, when you turned on the headphones it reports less than 100%, even 60% nor less.

I have fixed the issue.  I have totally discharged the battery until the point that the device doesn't turned on.

As second stage I have plugged it to the charger until orange flashing light turned to stedy green indicating full load and voila!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2019

I am having exactly the same issue. Did you try the steps mentioned on your post? Did it work?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Same issue, I updated to latest software, said its full and the maximum is 20%

Highlighted

Hello Ernesto, 

Have you tried the previous troubleshooting suggested within this thread? 

If these methods do not help resolve the issue you are experiencing, we recommend you contact your regions Bose product support, an agent there will be more than happy to assist you with this issue further.  Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Yes,.i rebooted and updated to lastest software
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2019

I was having problems with my headphones only charging to 70 or 90% and never 100%. I followed the advice to download the update and now it is worse. It will say it is 100% then 10min later it is down to 10% and I let them charge all not long. I also noticed that when I plug them in I just get the green light and no blinking yellow light that means it's charging. The headphones are only a couple of years old. Also I can't contact customer support because I am in China and don't plan on being in the US anytime soon.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Yes, worst bose headphones, I been using it daily about a year ago, in 5 min its at 100% charged (led in green) then a connect it to phone open the bose app and show only 90%, after 2 min the app its 70% and after 10min its 20% more 10min and i heard battery low 😞

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

ernesto.lopm@gmail.com wrote:

Yes, worst bose headphones, I been using it daily about a year ago, in 5 min its at 100% charged (led in green) then a connect it to phone open the bose app and show only 90%, after 2 min the app its 70% and after 10min its 20% more 10min and i heard battery low 😞

So what have you done to try and fix the issue? Have you tried any of the above suggestiions?