Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Bose SoundSport free Earbuds are dying to fast

Both of my soundsport free earbuds are dying in about an hour instead of the said 5, I use them after i leave them charging all night.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Bose SoundSport free Earbuds are dying to fast

Hey @GoldBacon,

That doesn't sound right! Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

You are correct in saying that the SoundSport Free wireless headphones give up to 5 hours of wireless audio - so you should rightly be experiencing this. I advise trying the steps shown HERE to check there's nothing interfering with the charging of the headphones.

Also, have you tried using a different USB cable for connecting the headphones case to power when charging, to test if the cable could be faulty?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 11, 2020

I'm experiencing the same issue, case is fully charged, ear buds start off with 100% Battery life. After 20 minutes of usage, it shuts down without a low battery warning. and then I'd have to recharge it. I've already performed a hard reset, checked for updates and followed all the troubleshooting procedures that you've provided. so far nothing has solved the issue.

Highlighted

Thank you for posting @mrsanchobao

As your issue still persists after attempting all of the troubleshooting steps we would recommend, I would suggest getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be able to explore all of the service options available to you.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

Sound Sport Free Earbud Battery died

HI,

My SOUNDSPORT FREE earbud's right piece is getting discharged within 30 mins after full charge. When I take out the earbud, the voice assistance tells me I have 100% charge and the white light in the case was solid. But in reality the battery dies in 30 mins. I bought this (this is a replacement I got in 12th Oct2018) not even 2 years ago and never expected this performance from Bose. Really disappointed as I had high regard for this brand.

Mayukh Mukherjee 
Canada

- Edited by a moderator 

Highlighted

Re: Sound Sport Free Earbud Battery died

Hello Mayukh, 

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you are having this issue, I can understand your frustrations considerin this is your second pair of headphones. 

There are some great steps to try to resolve this as mentioned by @Sam_F above. If these do not resolve your issue, I would suggest using the steps provided by @Hector_B to contact your local support team and explore your service options. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

HI, I did try all the steps mentioned and did not help. Will contact support team...I suspect the battery is not good anymore and that is why it is draining so fast. Did not expect that to happen so fast.

Now as it is out of warranty, only option for me from service center is to get new one by paying 160$...Sorry not going to do that again...I am done with Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 20, 2020

HI,

I just recently got update of Firmware in my BoseConnet app, got the earbuds updated. And now the battery is doing better. It was earlier draining in 30 mins, now I have charge till 1.5 Hrs....So something to cheer for.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

I'm done with Bose as well, i Hav the Soundsport Free Black & Orange & both went Bad with the  2.8 Update.

It seem 2 b done Intentionally 2 get those out of warranty to buy again.

i'm also gonna voice my Concerns on Social Media...i'll never buy Bose again,nor support any of their products!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jamie2020,

I am very sorry to hear that your SoundSport Free are not behaving the way they should. So that we can help you and try to resolve this, could you please tell us a bit more about the issue itself and also whether you have attempted any trouble shooting steps? Once we know a little more, we will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.