Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveen@IITM
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

Bose SoundSport wireless Headphones not connecting to PC

Hi Team, 

I am facing issues connecting my Bose SoundSport Wireless headphones to PC (running on Windows 10). Appreciate if you would assist me connecting the same. 

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
Tegan_M

Re: Bose SoundSport wireless Headphones not connecting to PC

Hello!

Thank you for your comment, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue but I would love to help.

Have you previously been able to connect your SoundSports to your computer, or is this the first time you are attempting this connection? 

I would suggest performing a system reboot of both your headphones and your PC. To reset your headphones please follow the instructions below.

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

I would also checking you are connecting your headphones correctly. Something we have found with Windows 10, when pairing the headset, it shows up twice as an available device in the computer's Bluetooth device list: once with a device icon and once with a headphones icon. Be sure to pair to the list instance with the headphones icon.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Praveen@IITM
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

Hi Tegan, 

Thanks for your reply. 

This is the first time I am connecting to my Laptop. I tried rebooting both and still the same issue of not connecting. Below is the screenshot for the same for your info. "Boom - Shakalaka" is my device name fyi

Appreciate if you can hep resolve this.

Bose.jpg

Tegan_M

Hi Praveen@IITM,

Thank you for your update on this issue, I am sorry to hear this issue still persists.

I would recommend removing your headphones from your computer by clicking the remove device option in your computers connected device list. I would then proceed to do this with your headphones also, the clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth devices please follow the below instructions. 

• Power off your headset
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”

Then please proceed to repair your headphones to your windows computer. When you are doing this can you please scroll through all the available devices to check there is not another version of your headphones here.

Please let us know,

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
welsherif
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2019

Thank you for respond

I've the same issue my Soundsport wireless not seen by add Bluetooth device on my laptop Windows 10 so I can't choose it I follow previous steps with no help 

Jeff_G

Hello Welsherif, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your headphones to your Windows 10 laptop. Some laptops do not have the correct Bluetooth support to allow connection to headphones, so if you haven't paired a set of headphones in the past, please reach out to your laptop's manufacturer to check if it supports 'advanced audio distribution profile.' This is also known as A2DP. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jimshockey
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2020

I'm unable to pair my Soundsport Pulse to my Windows 10 laptop, doesn't recognize the earphones. What's my next step?

Czeske
Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

I am having the same issue with my QuietComfort earbuds.

I have previously been able to connect my earbuds to my laptop and use for listening to music as well as video calls, although I frequently need to either disconnect and reconnect or remove and re-add the earbuds to the list of connected devices. 

The other day my earbuds stopped working so I disconnected and was not able to reconnect.  I have removed the device from the list on my laptop and I have cleared the device list on my earbuds.  When I try to re-add my earbuds as a device on my laptop I can only see the generic listing for the earbuds i.e.not the headset icon.  Previously when I connected them I used the headset icon.

These are new earbuds that I bought recently and I am really not very impressed with the fact that I need to constantly disconnect and reconnect or even keep removing and re-adding the device to the list of bluetooth devices on my laptop.  Please can you help.

Czeske_0-1605896572114.png

LuckyStar
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Hi,

I have had the same problem of Bluetooth connection to my laptop.
It worked fine before, and suddenly, I didn't know why but no more connection possible.
I've been searching for hours (update firmware, etc.) and finally the problem came from my laptop.
After updating my laptop Bluetooth pilot, it solved the issue directly !

Saroj @ Nepal
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2021

I faced similar issues connecting my Bose soundsport free to PC but fixed it by adding device (from device & printers). You just need to add "Bose Free SoundSport" as a new device like you add printer or bluetooth mouses to your PC.

Found many complex ideas in youtube but sorted out with just simple steps, hope it finds it well to users facing similar issues.

-Saroj