stingh
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Bose Soundsport Disconnect from macbook pro

Hello

I recently purchased a pair of wireless Soundsport headphones (firmware 3.0.4).  They connected fine to everything, including the Macbook pro.  But recently, I now no longer have any connection to the Macbook, it connects briefly (though sound does not pass to through to the headphones) and then disconnects.  Ive tried some simple steps to try and reset everything, but with no luck. 

Ive looked up old topics on this, but found not resolution.  Is there no resolution?  if thats the case then I will have to return these sadly.

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Soundsport Disconnect from macbook pro

Hello stingh, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues getting your Soundsport Wireless headphones to connect to your MacBook Pro. 

You mentioned you have managed to get the headphones to connect but no sound is coming from the buds. Do you hear audio from the laptop speakers when you're connected? Have you tried changing your audio output settings on the MacBook to the headphones? You can do this by: 

- Click the Apple in the top left corner. 

- Click System Preferences

- Click Audio

- Click Output

- Select the headphones. 

If the problem persists, please clear the device list on both the headphones and the Mac. On the Mac, in System Preferences go to Bluetooth, locate the headphones from the list then remove them. On the headphones: 

- Press and hold the power button

- Continue holding for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt "Paired device list cleared." 

You can now establish a new connection. 

If you still have no sound, visit this link on the Mac to check for firmware updates.

Be sure to let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MaSavage
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

I am having this problem. I have tried all kinds of fixes on the bose website but nothing seems to be working. I can't connect to the firmware site - it just takes me to a spinning wheel. 

Vicky_W

@MaSavage, I am sorry to hear this. Do your headphones pair to other devices ok? If so, it would seem the Mac is the issue. Have you tried loading the updater in a different browser at all? If so, we can check if your headphones are up to date under settings in the Bose Music app. You should be running, version 1.8.2.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
MaSavage
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2021

Thanks for getting back to me Vicky,

The headphones are working again, but I don't think I did anything to make it happen.

I downloaded the Bose Music app but couldn't see a picture of my headphones. Do I need to see the same product or do those images represent a product range (ie several different products)? It could be a software problem - I was only having a problem with the macbook, not my iphone, and only with soundsport headphones accessing sound from my macbook - other Bose headphones were okay

I was also able to download the updater via another browser but I don't have a USB cable, or extension that connects to my Mac. That's Apple for you, so I may have to buy one if I want to check my headphones software - unless there is another way to connect.

Either way, all okay for now - thanks for your help

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi MaSavage,

I'm glad to hear your headphones are working correctly again!

I think there may have been some confusion over which model of headphones you have previously, so sorry about that but I'd be happy to clear this up! if your headphones are the new Bose Sport Earbuds, then you would use the Bose Music app with them. For our SoundSport range, as these are a slightly older range of headphones, they use the Bose Connect app instead.

If your headphones are not showing in the Bose Music app, you will likely need to use the Bose Connect app instead. This app can still help you with any available updates for the headphones and will prompt you to update automatically if there are any updates available.

I hope this helps!