BobMcCarthy023
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Bose Soundsport Ear Buds won't power up nor charge

My Bose Soundsport wireless ear buds won't charge. They were working fine and during a workout (yes, there was perspiration) they suddenly stopped working and wont power up nor take a charge. I've tried the recommended resets but, thus far nothing seems to help.  Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose Soundsport Ear Buds won't power up nor charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi BobMcCarthy023,

Thank you for coming back to us! This information is very helpful!

I would recommend a Firmware update on your earphones. Click the LINK HERE on a PC or Mac and follow the onscreen instructions. 

If you are still experiencing the same issues, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. One of our agents would love to help! Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
uga03
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Recently happened to my QC 30 headphones. Not sure what or why it happened but I called Bose and they replaced them. I had to send my old pair in but I was impressed with how they stood by their product.

Hi BobMcCarthy023, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to assist you further with this. 

Firstly can you please let me know which steps you have attempted so far so that I don't get you to repeat anything? 

Also @uga03, thanks for providing us with this feedback! 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

BobMcCarthy023
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi there - and thank you (both) for your replies and advice. As someone who litterally carries my Bose Soundlink Mini around with me all day, music is a big part of my day. Any help you can provide to fix the headphones is greatly appreciated. Thus far, I've done the following:

• Turn the headphones off and wait for 30 seconds
  • Plug the headphones into a USB power supply via a USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into a working outlet)
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headphones and wait 1 minute
  • Turn the headphones on and test if they work properly

I've also left them alone for about 4 days and then tried the same (as above) to no avail.

And, I've plugged them into a USB/powercord overnight hoping they'd charge but, nothing...

What do you think?

Bob

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi BobMcCarthy023,

Thank you for coming back to us! This information is very helpful!

I would recommend a Firmware update on your earphones. Click the LINK HERE on a PC or Mac and follow the onscreen instructions. 

If you are still experiencing the same issues, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support Team for assistance. One of our agents would love to help! Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

BobMcCarthy023
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hello and thank you again for your help. I've followed the updater directions you provided and unfortunately, when I plug in my device, the updated does not recognize anything and so, nothing happens. I'll contact the support you link provided. Thank you again for your help.

Bob

Hi Bob, 

thank you for coming back to me and updating me on the situation. 

I'm sorry the troubleshooting was unsuccessful, hopeful the support team will be able to assist you! 

Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Highlighted
Beaker
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Soundsport won't charge or connect

I have a set of 3-month old soundsport wireless headphones that will no longer charge or connect. I've tried the reset (both holding the power button for >15s and the plugging / unplugging technique) with no success. I saw similar posts with links to contact support personnel but when I clicked the link, it took me back to this page. By the way, your website says your customer service is open until 7PM on Saturday but neither the chat nor text options have been available for the past hour.

Re: Soundsport won't charge or connect

Hello Beaker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some power issues with your SoundSport wireless headphones. I'd be happy to help you in any way that I can. 

Resetting the headphones is a great step to take. Could you please also try to manually update the headphones, as suggested above by @Jessie_O.

Should the issue persist, then yes, you would need to contact your local support. I'd like to apologize that you have not been able to utilize the chat/text communication option. I've found from previous experience that it takes a short amount of time for the button to become active for a live chat. Could you please confirm which country you are located in and I can give you the correct contact details?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G