Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

I am having this issue again with my soundsport free (Got replacement last Friday and starting to use the new one this week). The left headphone occasionally drops this occurs mostly when I am walking or running. The right headphone seems to be ok, always the left one.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Left Headphone Drops

Hello Timwangcan,

Thank you for messaging the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with connectivity of the Left SoundSport Free earbud. I would love to do what I can to assist you with this matter. 

I would firstly suggest that you check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com

Are you using the Bose Connect App to connect your headphones to your device?

Can you also try connecting your headphones to another Bluetooth device to test the result of this. 

Do let us know how you get on, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Yes, the firmware is updated and I also tested on a couple of different devices (iPhone 7 and Samsung S7 edge).  And still with the same issue, in the room seems to be good but as soon as I walk out my left ear will lose sound mabye 2 or 3 times in the 20 minutes walk.  Already replaced by Bose maybe a few weeks ago, is there anything else I can do?  I checked the form and looks like it is a common problem?  which doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted

Hello Timwangcan, 

Thanks for getting back to us and providing the requested information. 

I am sorry that the issue still persists and would love to see what we can do. To start let's try resetting the Bluetooth connections, we can do this by: 

• Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared".
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

I would also suggest moving your phone into the right front pocket if possible, or into a band on your right arm. This is because the signal from the phone goes into the right earbud and then the right earbud transmits into the left. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi Support,

Unfortunately, I did the steps and left earbud still lost connection in the past 2 days.  Especially today when I have an umbrella on connection just got worst.

Let me know what else we can try

Tim

Highlighted

Hi Tim, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am very sorry to hear that this issue persists. 

How do you tend to connect your headphones to your device? Is this via the Bose Connect App or via directly connecting to your phone?

If you tend to connect your headphones via the app, please connect directly to your mobile device through your Bluetooth settings. If you do not use the App to connect, then please download the Bose Connect App and attempt to connect via this application. 

Please let us know if this provides any difference. 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi,

I have the software installed on my phone, I did try both either Bluetooth or the Bose app but I will try it again on my next walk.

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

Hi Team,

I tested to connect with Bose or Bluetooth still with the same issue.

Thanks

Tim

Highlighted

Hi Timwangcan, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that your issue still persists after the troubleshooting methods that you have attempted.

As we have exhausted all troubleshooting that we would recommend and your issue still persists, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I am very sorry that we weren't able to resolve this issue for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B