cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WayneKLMY
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone is a faulty product. Don't buy!

This is to warn new comers to not to fall into the trap and become a victim like me.

The info of my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone

Manufacture date: 11 December 2018

Problem

1. Audio & video not synchronised. This issue has been found since 2017 and yet it is still not fixed.

2. Very high latency. Audio & video not synchronised on all iOS devices. I tried my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone on iPad Pro 2018, iPad 2017, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhine Xr. It's a fail for all.

3. Tried Bose firmware updater on comoputer. Tried resetting on Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone. The high latency issue persists.

4. High latency issue occurs on Youtube App, Facebook video, Instagram video, iQiyi streaming app and so on. There is 0 latency on Netflix or browser though. 

Feedback from local (Malaysia) service center

1. Got a new replacement set. It goes back to Problem.

2. Went back to the store (i-Store @ Publika) I bought my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone and was told that I need to bring back the original set to exchange for another model from Bose (which is a no-no for me) or product from another brand.

3. If Bose service center does not aknowledge the replacement product to the original product, or refuse to return the original product to me to return to the shop. That means I have to live with the faulty Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone I have got. 

My solutions

1. Tried out several sets of Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone at the shop. Seller was astonished to find out that all Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone products do not work properly when it comes to audio & video syncing. 

2. We have decided to work together to urge Bose to have a regional product recall. We all agree that customers should be made known about the product defect of Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone. Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone should stop production until such issue is resolved or fixed. 

3. The shop promises me to notify their walk in customers about the high latency issue when customers are checking out Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone.

My sincere suggestions

1. The shop lets me try ouyt several wireless earbuds such as B&O E8. It works PERFECTLY. There is no latency issue AT ALL.

2. We tried out several cheaper true wireless earbuds too. Audio and video synchronization is PERFECT.

3. We coem to a conclusion--Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone is a flawed product. I personally feel upset of being cheated by such a big name Bose. Please think twice when you ever want to shop for a Bose product. If you have purchased a Bose product and cannot do anything about, please warn those that you know. Look elsewhere for other audio products. It;s never too late to find out that there are actually many cheaper good ones. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WayneKLMY
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone is a faulty product. Don't buy!

Author Accepted Answer selected by WayneKLMY

Thanks.

I have returned my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones.

Bye bye and no more to Bose ever again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community_Admin

Hi WayneKLMY,

We're very sorry to hear about your experience so far and we would like to help you as much as possible.

We have sent you a private message and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
WayneKLMY
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by WayneKLMY

Thanks.

I have returned my Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones.

Bye bye and no more to Bose ever again.

View solution in original post

gene@mystull.com
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I bought mine from Amazon in April. My problem is with any level of charge the left unit stops working. It happens every time I use them. I’ve googled this and it’s a huge problem with no salution. I’d like to return these but I’ve exhausted my return period with Amazon. Bose has a lifetime warranty. How do I go about returning these

Jessie_O

Hi Gene, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your SoundSport Free Wireless headphones. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I'll do all I can to assist you!

I would recommend making sure that your earphones are up to date. Click the LINK HERE and follow the on-screen instructions.

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend reaching out to your local Technical Support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country of residence and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents would love to assist you! 

If there is anything further I can assist you with, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gotrealfashion
Participant
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

Wish I would’ve known. 
Omg same issue for me at the WORST time today!! In my flight I had downloaded all my shows to watch and it wouldn’t connect nor would the right side earbud work or be found when searching for earbuds. Yet it played the sound to find it. Smh. It’s recall time, Bose! I will be getting my hard earned money back. The distress alone of having to endure a flight with nothing to do is horrid. I know, first world problems. But I need my money back. 

jagreen0098
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

I have purchased this product and Bose refuses to acknowledge that this is a fundamental issue with the product and refuses to return the product. Due to this terrible experience with a $300 pair of headphones that dont compete with products half the price, I will never buy a Bose product again.