Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 3, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free Wireless - Not Connecting or No sound on Left bud - Windows 10 - Aug 2019

Hello,

I had the same issue, first not being able to connect my headphones, later when I could, the sound only came from the right bud.

I some cases I got to make them both work but after disconnecting and reconnecting I had the same issue again. 

After testing several methods I got them working with any further issues.

Here are the steps I followed for a steady solution:

1.- Update your Windows 10 Version, windows had a problem with the driver that recognized the headphones as a Voice only device, it should be Voice and Music, to make both buds play.

To download the latest version just type "Windows Update" on the search menu, then check the updates.

Update to version 1903 or a later version, they fixed a bug on the sound driver, several devices reported the same issue.

2.- Make sure you have the latest update on your Bose headphones.

Use this Link from bose to update them:  https://btu.bose.com/#section=start

I had them on version 2.5.4, it was updated to 2.6.0 

3.- If you had previously paired your device remove it. We want to start at 0

4.- Press the left bud button for 10 seconds until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”

5.-  (Key Point) The system recognizes a second Bluetooth device with the prefix "LE-"  make sure you connect/pair this one first before our headphones.  

6. Once our "LE-" device is paired, pair your headphones. It's easy to identify the difference due to the icon.

After this, you should see your device connected with the legend "Connected voice, music".

I haven't had the same issue again and now they work perfectly, even the sound is better with the latest update.

Have fun! Enjoy your headphones!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Wireless - Not Connecting or No sound on Left bud - Windows 10 - Aug 2019

Hello ,

I tried these steps on my Thinkpad X280 with Windows 10 and sound sport worked fine.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

My Bose free Soundsport earbuds are not connecting to my computer

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Re: Bose Soundsport Free Wireless - Not Connecting or No sound on Left bud - Windows 10 - Aug 2019

These instructions didn't work for me as - written, however they did lead to the fix.

After verifying my Windows version, updating to the latest Bose firmware (2.8), flushing the device list, and finally reconnecting the earbuds they still showed "Connected voice", not "Connected voice, music".

With more troubleshooting I found the Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp had a driver signature error. Being a Microsoft driver, this should be signed, so I ran sfc /scannow, which found an error and fixed it. I then uninstalled the A2dp driver with DeviceManager and scanned for new hardware, which re-installed the A2dp driver, this time without the signature error.

Once that was done the second earbud picked up on its own and the Bluetooth manager now shows "Connected voice, music".