Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free automatically going to Headset Mode when Connected to Laptop

Hello, 

I wonder if you can help, I have an issue where when I connect to my Laptop the Earphones automatically go to Headset mode and I can't change it to Headphone mode meaning I can only hear out of my right ear.

This is very frustrating so any help would be much appreciated ASAP

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Free automatically going to Headset Mode when Connected to Laptop

Hello, bcane12, 

Thanks for reaching out to Bose. Welcome to the Community. 

The SoundSport Wireless Free headphones work on the following Bluetooth profiles: 

HSP 1.2,

SPP 1.2,

A2DP 1.3.1,

PBAP 1.1,

AVRCP 1.6,

HFP

Not all Bluetooth chips in laptops feature full support so I would strongly suggest checking with the manufacturer to confirm if it supports A2DP, this is necessary for audio distribution. Further to this, the headphones utilize the Bluetooth codecs AAC and SBC. If the laptop does not support these, you may be limited to just Headset profile/Hands Free Profile which is not ideal for for Music listening. 

Let me know how you get on!

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Bose Soundsport Free automatically going to Headset Mode when Connected to Laptop

Thanks Jeff,

This has been solved however another issue has arisen.  Which is when I am watching a video the sound is delayed from the video.  And is really off putting.

Would appreciate some help in this area.  Many thanks

Brandon

Highlighted

Hello Bcane12, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am so happy that these steps worked for you. 

In regards to the audio delay, the signal path runs from the source device to the right earbud which then sends it to the left earbud. TWS (True Wireless Stereo) is limited in it's the ability to synchronize multi-channel audio across the various stages from the source to the earbuds. We also had reports of a few third-party applications that had excessive A/V lag.

We were able to mitigate much of the lag with a firmware update. Due to the variety of compression methods available for video transmission and the integration of third party products and services, there is no perfectly lag-free solution for every use although it is much improved over this time last year. We are constantly working to improve the capabilities of our products however the technology to solve the limitations of TWS is not currently available. When it is you can be sure that our engineers will be testing it for use in our products.

If you feel that the lag is more than just the audio being processed, I would suggest that you try the following to resolve the issue: 

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  • Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

I hope that helps, I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.