Highlighted
redemption1942
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

Bose Soundsport Free not charging in the case.

I am having an issue with my Soundsport Frees. Last night I was using them for a few hours and when I put them back in the case they stayed connected to my phone. So I disconnected them and just put them away. I woke up today and they didn't charge at all. They were on 20%. The charging case was fully charged. Is anyone else having this issue?

46 REPLIES 46
Community Manager

Re: Bose Soundsport Free not charging in the case.

Hi redemption1942

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the charging issue, but I'd be glad to help.

Can we try and clean the contacts on the earbuds and the charging case?

Have you ever connected these to the Connect App to update the headset?

Let us know how things go!

Warm Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Nari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

I have had the same issue and have not had an success with my local community support outlet (in Nigeria). I must say that I am grossly disappointed with this purchase given that this defect started to manifest only after 10 days of usage. I also cannot take the earbuds back to my place of purchase as this was at an international airport during a transit on my summer travels. Please advise on how to troubleshoot the problem in my situation, given that there is no support that can be rendered towards me. Thanks.

Hi Nari,

Thanks for chiming in. I am sorry to hear about that. Let's do what we can to get that working for you. Could I ask, have you updated the headphones to the latest software using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com on your computer?

Please come back and update us when you can,

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support.

Nari
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Hello Tony,

Yes I have updated the earbuds to the latest software. As I said, I do not believe the defect lies with the earbuds themselves, but with the charging case. I was able to use the earbuds for a couple of hours until its battery ran out but since then have been unable to recharge it (as you know, the SoundSport Free is not possible to charge without the charging case which is where my frustration lies). 

What else do you recommend I do regarding the charging case?

Regards,

Nari

Hi Nari,

Thanks for responding. I would continue to work with your local Bose support to get a replacement case. 

Regards,

Tony G 

aneeshghosh
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

Hi Tony,

I bought the Sound Sport in Bahrain last week and facing this same issue with my charging case. I have already updated this to the latest firmware and still no avail. I also notice that the charge indictator lights also dont work when clicked once (when unplugged from the power source). In effect I am able to charge the device only when connected to the power source and the case doesnt hold charge. Appreciate if you could have this looked at on an urgnet basis and advise.

Regards,

Aneesh

Hello aneeshghosh! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

From what you describe, there may be something wrong with your charging case. Your best option is to contact your local customer support who will work with you on available service options. Here is a link to contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Best Regards, 

Greg - Customer Support

Obelman
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

I am having the same issue. The shop in Hong Kong (Times Square) has kindly replaced the case four times, and each time it hasn't worked properly for more than two weeks. There is definitely a defect, and I wish Bose would sort this out. I really like the earphones.
Thierry Fr
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 21, 2018

Hi,

I bought the head phones two months ago, it turns out that the right one is no longer chargeable making this product no longer fit for use.

This is extremely disappointing after a short period of use.

Next to that, I need now to wait 4 weeks for the product to go through an expertise.

All in all, this is far from being up to the standard expected.