Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Bose Soundsport Free not fully charging

I bought a pair of Bose Soundsport Free headphones back in summer of 2018, and while they have worked great so far, now I'm having the issue of them not accepting full charge when docked in their case. The case is at full charge, full 5 bars, yet after charging the headphones will only have accepted enough power to get them through around 45 minutes of playtime before the left one dies, and before long, the right one dies as well.

My Bose Connect app claims that the software for the headphones is currently all up to date.
I wondered if the metal charging points on the headphones was dirty, and cleaned them with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol, but the problem still persists.

I've seen a couple other people reporting this issue, but they speak of malfunctioning cases and whatnot. Is there any solution to possibly fix this?

Cheers,
-Brax

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Free not fully charging

Hello Mythalium, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to hear that your headset won't fully charge.

We appreciate the steps you have attempted so far and would also recommend that you attempt to perform a reset on the headphones by following these steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

If the issue still persists after this reset, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2020

Re: Bose Soundsport Free not fully charging

Hello,

Thank you for recommending I perform the reset on the headphones, however, after following the steps you've laid out to the second, it wasn't able to fix the problem and the headphones persist in not fully charging.

I will be getting in contact with customer service to hopefully get this issue resolved, and I hope it may be resolved sooner rather than later.

Thank you for your help.