Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Bose Soundsport Frees are beeping and automatically increasing volume

My earbuds were working fine the other day but when I took them out of the case, the right earbud started beeping and then I noticed once it connected to my phone that the volume for increased until it reached the max. When I would try to lower the volume via my phone it would go right back up. The multi-function button doesn't do anything but when I hold on it the beeping stops. I would really appreciate some tips, I have tried a lot of stuff but with no success. Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport Frees are beeping and automatically increasing volume

Hey Adam_Syl.Stew, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you have had this experience, I would love to assist you with this. 

So that I don't get you to repeat any steps can you please let me know everything you have attempted so far? I would recommend giving these steps here a try if you haven't already as they should help you resolve this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Yes, I have tried all of these already. I have found that the beeping stop, as well as the volume, stays at one spot if I hold on the multi-use button. 

Highlighted

Hello Adam_Syl.Stew, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! Sorry to hear that the issue still persists unless you are holding the multi-function button. 

Let's try and perform a reset on the headset by following these steps below: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also recommend that we ensure that the headphones are running the latest software version, to check this please connect the headset to a PC via the USB charging cable. Once you are connected, please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps. 

Kind regards,

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Hi,

Since i' ve updated to firmware 2.8.0 i m having the same problem, i already tried several things but with no success.

Is it possible to downgrade firmware or reinstall it again?

thank you 

Best regards

Highlighted

Hi Jose,

Thanks for joining us! I'm sorry to hear you are also seeing this issue with your headphones.

As you have mentioned trying a few things already to troubleshoot this, could you please let me know what you have tried so far? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

Could you also let me know what devices you have tried the headphones with? Does the same thing happen with all Bluetooth devices or just certain ones?

We don't support downgrading firmware on most of our products so you would not be able to do that, but you can definitely make sure it installed correctly using our online Device Updater on a computer.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

I ve tried on a Macbook pro, Iphone Xs and Xiaomi Red Mi the result was the same for all.

I ve gone through uninstalling the app on my iPhone , removing  the bluetooth devices, connecting the case to my computer waiting to reset etc... 
This just happens with Bose sound sport free and after upgrading to firmware 2.8.0, all my my other devices are working great.

thx

Highlighted

Hey Jose,

Thank you for clarifying that. You mention removing Bluetooth devices - does this include clearing the pairing list of the headphones, as shown HERE?

Also, what are you watching/listening to when you notice the volume increasing by itself? Is it consistent across all forms of streaming?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Bose Support, I’m having exactly the same problem as Jose, have done the same diagnostics, plugging and unplugging, including clearing the pairing list of the headphones, and the problem persists regardless of the form of streaming.  Seems like a known problem, what is the fix, please?