Highlighted
Morthrop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Bose Soundsport Pulse Won't Connect to Garmin Fenix 5

I've come in to a recent issue with my Bose Soundsport Pulse earbuds. It no longer connects as an external heartrate monitor to my Garmin Fenix 5 watch. I have recently updated both the watch and my earbuds and now it can no longer be sensed by the watch. It used to work before. I do not know if this is an issue with my Fenix 5 or my Soundsport Pulse. Has anyone else come in to this issue since a recent update or am I just not connecting the bluetooth properly?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Bose Soundsport Pulse Won't Connect to Garmin Fenix 5

Hello Morthrop, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are experiencing a connection problem between your SoundSport Pulse wireless headphones and your Garmin Fenix 5. 

I would first suggest that you clear the pairing list on the headphones. This can be done by holding the Power/Bluetooth button for approximately 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared". Then, if possible, delete the headphones from the Bluetooth list for your Garmin Fenix 5 (and any other previously connected devices). Now try to reconnect. 

If this is still not possible, I would recommend resetting the headphones. Please follow these steps to do this:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds

2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds

3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute

4. Turn on the headset

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quality freak
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

same issue here with a Suunto Spartan Ultra. 

what’s the point of a HR monitor if if can’t connect to watches that take the most advantage of it. 

I did both steps the rep suggested multiple times. Won’t work. 

Hi there,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulty connecting your SoundSport Pulse headphones to your Suunto Spartan Ultra watch. 

Has this worked previously or is this your first time connecting?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Morthrop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hello Charlotte_G,

Thank you for your reply. I cleared my Soundsport Pulse pairing list as instructed. I also unpaired it from my phone and went as far as resetting the defaults on my Garmin Fenix 5, unpairing it, and repairing both to the phone. After repairing both to my mobile phone, I tried connecting my Garmin Fenix 5 back to my Soundsport Pulse but it still will not sense the headphones and does not add it to the watch. Furthermore, I tried to reset my headphones following the steps provided but to no avail.

Is there anything else I might try? My headphones used to pair with my Garmin with no issues, however now it no longer pairs, even after resetting both. I have the most up-to-date software.

Hello Morthrop,

Thank you for trying those steps for us, I'm sorry to hear we are still unable to connect the headphones.

I've been having a look at some information on the Garmin watch you are using and they suggest that when trying to pair headphones, doing so when they are not connected to any other devices. Could we try connecting to the watch when we have the Bluetooth on your phone disconnected/turned off to see if that allows us to find the headphones on the watch?

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Morthrop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Keith_L,

As per your recommendation, I disconnected my phone from Bluetooth and from my Headphones until they were ready to pair and tried to pair my watch once again to my headphones. Unfortunately, that did not work and the watch still cannot recognize my headphones.

Hey Morthrop, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Can you please let me know which device you recently updated that stopped the headphones from connecting? Was it a Garmin update or a Bose Update? 

I would also like to hear back from the community on if any users are able to connect their Garmin watch to the headphones. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Morthrop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Hi Hector_B,

I am certain that the latest update was to my Bose Soundsport Pulse. The Garmin Fenix 5 was updated in September and I was connecting to my headphones in late October, early November with no issues. I updated my headphones in later November to the latest. So, I am to think that it was the recent headphone update that causes an issue with the connectivity? 

Hey Mothdrop, 

That certainly does seem strange. 

I would suggest seeing if there are any available updates for your watch. If not, I would recommend checking in with Garmin to ensure that there are not any steps we are missing. As this is not a Bose product, we do not know enough about it to try and troubleshoot the watch.

I would be really interested to hear what they recommend, 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W