Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2020

Bose Soundsport Wireless Charging Issue - Firmware - 3.0.4

I have a Bose Soundsport Wireless which I bought a year ago and have been using it fairly regularly. I recently updated the firmware to 3.0.4 and have noticed an issue with the charging of my headphones. I connect it to my laptop through the provided accessory and it shows the green light immediately after a couple of minutes, even when the battery was at 20% when I connected it to charge. When I start using it, it takes hardly 4-5 minutes to discharge and come back to 20%.

The reason why my suspicions are on the firmware update 3.0.4 is that I have another Bose Soundsport Wireless headphone which I have not updated since a few months and although older, it charged for a longer time and showed 100% when I connected it to my phone. I used it with Airplane Mode on fearing that the firmware might get updated and had no problems with that one.

Due to the lockdown here in India, I am unable to go to the service center and show it personally. Can someone please confirm if my analysis of the firmware update being the culprit is correct and what can be done to fix it? Maybe revert it to an older version?

Thanks