Kenzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Bose Soundsport Wireless audio cuts out

Hi,

I’m a marathon runner who sweats a lot and so called sweat proof Bluetooth headphones kept breaking down on me. Fed up with the cheap equipment, I decided to make the jump to the Bose Soundsport wireless.

The sound and feel are magnificent and an experience of a different order. EXCEPT that the audio intermittently cuts out, which never happened with the cheap headsets, interestingly.

I’m using the Garmin Forerunner 645 music watch to play to the Bose. So the issue is definitely not about being out of range (and if it is, then that is a serious problem that Bose would have to address)!

I have seen in older posts that others have had similar issues. Perhaps Bose has figured out a workaround? 

Thank you for your help.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bose Soundsport Wireless audio cuts out

Hi Kenzo, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further! 

Can you please confirm on which wrist you are wearing the watch on as well as if this issue happens with other devices or just the Garmin? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members that have had and resolve this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Kenzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Hi Hector,

I wear the watch on my left wrist. I only use the Bose with this device (just for running and to increase its longevity).

Thank you,

Kenzo

Hello Kenzo, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with Bose. 

Have you tried switching the watch to the right wrist to see if this improves the connectivity? Further to this, do you experience dropouts when connected to other devices, such as your smartphone?

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Kenzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Hi Jeff,

I have not tried my right wrist but is the Bose’s range so short that this would make a significant difference? I can’t imagine that from a manufacturer with the standard of Bose. I have always trained with my watch (and wore) on my left wrist.

I would rather not swap just to use the headphones, which also would be a product flaw if that would stop the cutting, particularly given its cost when this issue has never happened with the $20 Bluetooth headphones I have previously used.

And as I wrote to the other moderator Hector, I only use the Bose with this watch and no other devices to increase its longevity.

Thank you,

Kenzo

Hello Kenzo, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

With regards to my previous post. Most of which I advised was in relation to testing, not permanent changes. I wanted to asses whether moving the watch closer to the headphone's main antenna increased reception. Further to this, if testing with a smartphone resulted in normal behaviour we would have been able to determine if it was a fault with the headphones or if the antenna of the watch was the cause. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Kenzo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Hi Jeff,

Ok, I’ll test both of these out and let you know what happens. I still don’t get why switching wrists should matter for connectivity when most people would have their device in their pocket or purse. That seems like way too short of a leash for Bluetooth technology to cut out.

Thank you,

Kenzo