Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcel Sol
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2021

Bose Soundsport does not charge, nor turn on anymore

Hi, two days ago I turned on my Bose Soundsport. At that time I was told I had 50% battery. The next day I tried turning it back on but to no avail. So, I assumed that the battery was drained. Since then I have tried charging it, but it still does not turn on. The indicator light is flashing in red, indicating that there is no power. I've tried various cables, so the chance that all of those are bad is not too big.
I just attached it to my PC, and it did recognize it and indicated that there is 10% battery left. 

Does anybody know what can be done to make it charge again?

Thanks for your reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Bose Soundsport does not charge, nor turn on anymore

Author Accepted Answer selected by Marcel Sol

Hi Marcel Sol,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear of your experience with your SoundSport Headphones.

It does sound as though you may be facing a battery error with the headset by the flashing red LED. 

As you have tried alternate charging cables and this persists, I'd suggest reaching out to your local Bose product support team regarding service options. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website.

Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you. If you have any further questions, do let us know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by Marcel Sol

Hi Marcel Sol,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear of your experience with your SoundSport Headphones.

It does sound as though you may be facing a battery error with the headset by the flashing red LED. 

As you have tried alternate charging cables and this persists, I'd suggest reaching out to your local Bose product support team regarding service options. You can reach out to your local support team by clicking this link and selecting your region. This will redirect you to our website.

Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.

Thank you. If you have any further questions, do let us know.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Marcel Sol
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2021

Thank you for your reply. I've checked for support in my region, but unfortunately, that is in a different country (UAE, while i live in Qatar). So, instead, I will go back to the store where I bought it (more than two years ago), to see if they can help.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Marcel Sol
Participant
Registered since

Jul 4, 2021

Hi,

I found a service centre for Bose here in Qatar. But there they told me that it is almost for sure the battery, and that there is no way to repair this. They suggested throwing it away and buying a new one.

I just want to double check: is that indeed the only way?

Hector_B

Hello Marcel, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us via the Community. The service team should have provided you with service options for your headset. 

Our service team will also not repair headsets due to hygiene and design issues. The new headset will also come with a brand new one-year warranty! If they haven't provided you with any service options please do reach back out to them to enquire about this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!