Bose Soundsport free keeps beeping

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Bose Soundsport free keeps beeping

My right earbud keeps beeping when connecting to my phone. I have used the ear buds for two weeks and when I tried to use them again this problem arose. Does anybody has this also and know how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance
8 REPLIES

Re: Bose Soundsport free keeps beeping

Hi Stefans100,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! That is unusual. Could I ask a few questions to try and assist? 

• I'm thinking it might be possible that a button might be stuck, can you verify that the buttons are working properly?
  • Have you tried updating the firmware? 

If you could please give that a try and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi tony

Thank your for your prompt reply.
The buttons are working. The beeping stop temporarily if i turn up the volume but start again as soon as i let loose.

I think a updated the firmware once. How do i check if i have the latest installed?
Thanks again
Kind regards
Stefan

Hi Stefans100,

Thanks for responding. You can check your firmware version by going to btu.bose.com or by using the Bose connect app. Based on what you are describing if updating doesn't help, it does sound like the issue could be with the headphones themselves. Here is a link to your local support team. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

Quiet Contributor

Hi Bose,

I have the same issue here (constant beeping on my right earbud).

Checked my FW and is with the latest FW 2.5.6

EIther using the Bose Connect App or not, the symptom is still there and nothing can be done to stop the constant beeping.

Contacted your support team but the replied was "Thanks for contacting and sorry to hear the issue".

Can you pelase help here.

Thanks!

Hello Gh1988,

Welcome to the Community! 

There are a few things we can check to help us isolate the source of the beeping. In the following scenarios do you still hear the sound?

1. Using them with a different device (preferably a different manufacturer - if you have an iPhone try them with an Android phone)
  2. Using them in an area free of inteference (you can turn off your router, TV, and other electronic devices or relocate to a different area)
  3. Using them on a phone call
  4. Using them with different sources (stored music vs. streaming, you should also test several streaming platforms)

Let us know the results! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hi,
I have the same issue on my left earbud. Already update to version 2.5.6 and keeps beeping. It seems the volume down button is constantly being pressed. You can ear the beeps all the time. If you press volume up in the mobile phone you can hear the music but you have to do it all the time. The minute you stop doing it you see the volume going down and then starts beeping signaling that you are constantly pressing the down button.
This has happened after I run in the rain. Next day when I turn the device on I could hear the beeping ...
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pedro
Silent Starter

HI,
After being more than 1 hour trying to fix this I just pressed really hard near the volume down button, not on top of the button, just on the right side of it ... it works now perfectly ... stoped beeping and the volume down button works perfectly !
I hope this helps.
Thanks,
Pedro
Quiet Contributor

Hi Greg, 

Tried on all you have suggested but the beeping continues.

The beeping starts as soon as I took it out from the box and put it on my ear (right earbud only).

It even continues to beep when I disconnect every Device bluetooth. 

Tried it indoor/outdoor/gym and is the same

The beeping continues but when I tried to lower down the volume on iPhone but the volume will increase automatically again and continues beeping. It seems like the volume up button was pressed continuously (more like a HW issue than SW to me)

The menu button or volume button doesn't work with all the beeping going on.

Thanks
GH