Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Bose Soundsport only working on some apps

Bose product name Bose Soundsport in ear headset

Country-US

Firmware Version-?

App Version-?

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iphone 7, turbodial on laptop (Lenovo Windows 10), spotify on laptop and iphone

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

I made sure the settings on the laptop and the iphone we correct using the settings. I rebooted my laptop and cell phone. I hear it ringing on turbodial but the input and output don't work. I have no input or output on my phone. Spotify doesnt have sound on iphone or laptop.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

quiet room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Yesterday. Yes it did work prior to that.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

rebooted and tried calling out on iphone and turbodial, and taking inbound calls on iphone and turbodial. Neither work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: Bose Soundsport only working on some apps

Author Accepted Answer selected by cheryli

It could be a security setting on the computer, Cheryli. 

Try this please: 

- Click Start

- Open Settings

- Privacy 

- Microphone

From there, enable: "Allow apps to access your microphone" and enable the apps that are not working if they are disabled. 

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Keith_L

Hi cheryli,

So I can provide the most accurate information on this, I do have a couple of questions to get a better idea of what exactly is happening with your headphones.

Which model of SoundSport headphones do you have? If you are unsure of the exact model, then you can double-check with the Find Your Product section on our support page HERE.

As you mentioned the headphones are working on some apps and not others, with calls, turbodial, and Spotify given as examples of apps that are not working, what are some apps are the headphones are working with correctly?

As the headphones stopped working with all apps yesterday, did you change anything in your setup when this started happening? Any updates to the iPhone, laptop, or headphones, or anything like this?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
cheryli
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Keith,

Thank you for your swift reply.

According to my receipt, I bought: Bose Soundsport Wireless Sports Earbuds

Model:761529-0010
SKU:5168600
BestBuy

It works on Zoom and I didn't try till now an iphone to iphone call and it works fine both inbound and outbound calls.

Yes, I ran a windows update yesterday. I don't know if my iphone ran an update overnight.

If I need to update the driver do you have a link with directions?

Thanks,
-C

Jeff_G

Thanks, Cheryl. 

Have you tried unpairing the headphones from your devices, then established a new connection? To do this, press and hold the power button for around 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt confirming the device list has been cleared. On your smartphone and computer, go to settings > locate Bluetooth, then remove the headphones from the list. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Thanks.

cheryli
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Brilliant! I'll tell my IT guy that I have now added to my IT list before I contact support: 1. Remove device and re-pair.

1. Is it plugged in?

2. Is the power turned on?

3. Did you reboot?

4. Remove device and re-pair

LOL

Thanks so much!

-C

cheryli
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Drats. It's not working on Turbodial and it looks like the settings on the computer are right...and when I turn on the headset AFTER turbodial is turned on, it shows it is connected to the Bose but I can't hear anything. Ideas?

Jeff_G

Author Accepted Answer selected by cheryli

It could be a security setting on the computer, Cheryli. 

Try this please: 

- Click Start

- Open Settings

- Privacy 

- Microphone

From there, enable: "Allow apps to access your microphone" and enable the apps that are not working if they are disabled. 

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post