Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Bose Soundsport right earbud fitting issue

Hi all

A while back I purchased a pair of Soundsport headphones, and they served me well for a long time. After not using them for a few weeks, I noticed an issue that has been bothering me to the point I can no longer use them. 

The best way to describe it would be that the right earbud fitting is preventing the speaker from delivering its proper volume. When wearing the earbuds normally, it could best be described as the right earbud feels "air tight." I've tried using other sized fittings supplied with the earbuds, with the same result. When the fitting is taken off, the volume plays at its expected volume. 

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport right earbud fitting issue

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi emullan360,

Thank you so much for confirming this for me. 

In this instance, I would strongly recommend that you get in contact with your regions official Bose product support team as this issue does sound like there way be some hardware issue concerning the right earbud of your SoundSport Wireless headphones. 

To get in contact with your regions support team, please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will be more than happy to discuss what options are available for you.

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello emullan360,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry that you are having audio issues with the right earbud of your SoundSport headphones but I would love to do what I can to assist you with this. 

Can you please confirm for me which SoundSport headphones you own so that I can provide you with the most accurate steps of troubleshooting?

Have you ensured that there are no blockages or debris in the ear tip of your right ear bud? 

or do you believe this is an audio fault with the earbud itself? 

Does this poor audio occur when you connect your headphones to a different device? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi

This is an image of the Soundsports I own: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61pHPNozGqL._SY355_.jpg

There are no blockages in the earbud speaker itself, I did a thorough cleaning of it. The earbud fittings have been cleaned well, and the problem occurs with brand new ear tips as well. 

The audio fault occurs before connecting to any device, as it can be heard in the startup stage. However, when the rubber ear tip is removed and the earbud is held into the ear, it works just fine, so the issue is regarding the ear tips, rather than the speaker. 

Highlighted

Hello emullan360,

Thank you very much for confirming this, I would love to try and help get this issue resolved with your SoundSport Wireless headphones.

Thank you for also ensuring that your headphones are clean from any blockages.

Are you using the official Bose ear tips provided with the headphones? Have you also ensured that the ear tips are securely connected?

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Hi

I have tested for the issue with all 3 sizes of ear tips inlcuded with the earbuds, with the issue being present everytime on the right ear tip. I can also confirm the ear tips are securely attached, and a visual inspection comapring to the left ear tip shows they are fitted the same way (with the issue not present on the left)

Highlighted

Hi emullan360,

Have you had another person test out your headphones to see whether they also hear this difference in the audio quality just for a second opinion? 

Do you have any earrings in your right ear which could cause any obstruction of the ear tip? 

With the ear tips off, does it appear that there are any difference in the hardware of the left and right tip? 

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

I have had two other people try the headphones, both reporting the same issue.

I do not have any piercings and neither did the other people

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi emullan360,

Thank you so much for confirming this for me. 

In this instance, I would strongly recommend that you get in contact with your regions official Bose product support team as this issue does sound like there way be some hardware issue concerning the right earbud of your SoundSport Wireless headphones. 

To get in contact with your regions support team, please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent there will be more than happy to discuss what options are available for you.

Warm regards,

Tegan M 

View solution in original post