Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Bose Soundsport wireless already had a device paired out of the Box.

I just bought a new pair of Bose Soundsport Wireless from Amazon India, Which is one of the authorised sellers for Bose in India. 

When I unboxed the earphones and switched it on, It gave out a prompt that it is trying to connect to Samsung J20, which is weird for new earphones. When I paired and checked the device in bose connect app, it showed me Samsung J20 as already paired devices.

I purchased a new device and this is not a refurbished one, Why does it have a device already paired, Does it mean that this has been used before, If yes, can I return and get a replacement?

Anybody else faced this issue before?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose Soundsport wireless already had a device paired out of the Box.

Hi Sriram,

This is very bizarre indeed.

I would suggest that you reach out to your supplier regarding a replacement if you wish, you should not be receiving an already used product. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 16, 2020

Re: Bose Soundsport wireless already had a device paired out of the Box.

Yeah, it's very weird, The earphones are looking completely new, Just only thing was that there was a paired device, Not sure how to interpret it. 

I have opened the package and when I tried to connect to Bluetooth is when I found this out, Will this be a valid case of return? But I would be fine it keeping this also since I don't see any parts being used and packaging was original.

Anybody else faced a challenge like this? @bose: Any way that I could get a replacement for this?