Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Bose Soundsport wireless keep restarting

Hi,

Recently my Bose Soundsport Wireless headphones have been continually turning themselves on after I have turned them off.  This is very disappointing as I really like the sound quality and generally like the headphones but whenever I am not using them they will drain all the battery leaving me with no way to listen to my music without first finding a plug and waiting on them to recharge.

Because of the constant restarting I cannot do the reboot/reset suggested on some other forum posts.

Can you please help rectify this Bose?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Bose Soundsport wireless keep restarting

Hi there @AdamL4 and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've has with your SoundSport Wireless headphones, and can understand the disappointment this would cause. I would be happy to look into this for you!

I have a few things I would like to ask to confirm what is happening here, if that's okay.

When you say these are constantly turning on, does the LED stay active, or does this turn itself off, then back on shortly thereafter?

Furthermore, if you left these in your ears when you power these down, do these power back up and immediately connect to a specific Bluetooth device? 

Lastly, can I ask if you have been able to manually update these headphones? You would be able to do this by connecting the headset to a computer/laptop using the USB-A-->Micro-B cable, then clicking here to get to our updater website. When there, please follow the instructions to update this.

Please get back to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi @Liam_W ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The bluetoth LED goes white at first and flashes until it connects then goes off as it would when the headphones are normally connected to a device.

The headphones don't connect to a specific device, they seem to just pick whichever they were last connected to - which is usually my phone - but my phone doesnt seem to be doing anything to trigger this.  Even when all the devices the headphones have previously connected to have had their bluetooth turned off the headphones still will turn on and search for an available device.

I have just tried to update the headphones manually as you suggested and after having completed this the same problem occurs.

Adam

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again @AdamL4 and thanks for following up! 

Thank you also for clarifying here. Let's start by clearing the Bluetooth list here on the headset, and not connect this to anything. To clear the Bluetooth list, simply hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear the prompt confirming this is cleared. Once cleared, please turn off the headset, and check if this powers back on of it's own accord.

If this is no longer powering back on, then this may be unintentionally receiving a Bluetooth signal from one of the previously connected devices powering this on, in which case you could connect a device and use this as normal until you discover which device is causing this.

If the headset still powers on even with no devices in its' Bluetooth memory, then this may be an indicator that the headset is damaged or the button is locked. If this is the case, please carefully check that the button is not compressed partially, and consider giving this a firm press and release to allow this to spring back up.

If you find that this is still encountering the same power issue even after checking the above, I would recommend that you get in touch with Bose Support in your local area for service. To do this, please click the link, select your country/region, then navigate to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if needed.

Please update me if you have any questions or if you have pinpointed this to a single device so I can be of further assistance 😊.

Liam W

Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi Liam,

Thank you for your help, although unfortunately the issue is still occuring.

I shall contact Bose support in the morning and hope they have a fix.  I'll update the thread when I hear back.

Thanks again,

Adam

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Hi,

Phoned up Bose customer support and they have offered to replace my headphones as they are within the 2 year warranty, unsure what the issue actually is/another way to fix it but thanks for your help!

Adam