cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamer.khalifa
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

Bose Sport Earbuds Shortcut and Media control are not working after the Volume gesture update

Hi, 

I have the Bose Sport Earbuds and i did not use for a month but when i knew about the new Volume control (swipe up & down on the right earbud) i wanted to try it, it was nice and everything, however, i was trying to use the controls on the left and on the right buds and nothing working at all. i thought this might be a bug because of the new volume control feature, so disabled it and still no controls were working at all on both earbuds!

Is there a way to reset the earbuds and see if this will fix the issue or not? Or a direct fix for this issue?

Regards,

Tamer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bose Sport Earbuds Shortcut and Media control are not working after the Volume gesture update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey Tamer,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! I hope you've been enjoying your Sport Earbuds so far, and I'd be happy to help with the issue you're currently having.

To confirm, you'll need to install the latest version of the Bose Music app (v4.2.4), to access the volume control feature. Once you enable this in the settings on the app, you'll have volume control through the right earbud. However, if you're not able to access any touch controls for your buds, you may want to attempt a product reset. Afterward, test your earbuds and let us know if you notice any improvement!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Bose Sport Earbuds Shortcut and Media control are not working after the Volume gesture update

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hey Tamer,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community! I hope you've been enjoying your Sport Earbuds so far, and I'd be happy to help with the issue you're currently having.

To confirm, you'll need to install the latest version of the Bose Music app (v4.2.4), to access the volume control feature. Once you enable this in the settings on the app, you'll have volume control through the right earbud. However, if you're not able to access any touch controls for your buds, you may want to attempt a product reset. Afterward, test your earbuds and let us know if you notice any improvement!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

tamer.khalifa
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2020

Dear Sam_F,

Thanks the reset did the trick and all touch controls are working fine now.

Regards,

Tamer

John Grace
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

Im having similar problem. I can control volume with R. But I cant pause/play. I cant skip with L either

Jeff_G

Hi John, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Sport buds. What troubleshooting have you attempted so far? Can you also share some screenshots of the shortcut menu on your Bose Music app? 

Thanks.