BogdanBla
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

Re: Bose Sport Earbuds - Voice Assistant cannot be turned off

I want the option to turn off the voice assitant too. Maybe replace the feature with something usefull.

Brucespotts
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Please disable the voice assistant feature! At the slightest touch the voice assistant calls random contacts despite what I actually say. This is very disturbing behavior of this product and has created some very awkward moments with unintended calls. 😞 There doesn’t appear to be a way to turn this ‘feature’ off. I’m seriously unhappy with this purchase because of this. 

Erroneousclock
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2020

Yes, please make this option available. I just bought these today for my extended training sessions and it is very disruptive to have my music constantly interrupted, or worse, making phone calls that I did not want to make. 

mjoh129
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

I’d also like the ability to disable the voice assistant. I’ve only used the headphone for about 3 hours, and have placed 3 unintended phone calls.

One instance, I said “cancel” and it called someone in my contacts named Phoebe.

coachep@icloud.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2021

Yes please allow us to disable the "voice assistant" option! It is a very annoying "feature"!!  Thank you!

klxnt
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

PLEASE create and option to disable this TERRIBLE feature.  i created an account for this alone; i bought these earbuds today because my freesports finally bit the dust.  over a year of use, at least 10 hours of daily use i was EXTREMELY impressed with Bose products so i immediately replaced them with another pair of Bose

these new sports are awesome too so far, look, feel, sound, everything's on point.. except for this ONE FEATURE RUINING the experience.  i use earbuds when i work out so naturally they occasionally move around in my ear.  its nothing, the occasional adjustment every 30 minutes or so WOULD USUALLY be no problem, except every time i do my assistant pops up and stops my music... best case scenario.  twice today my phone picked up on background noise and called my coworker and the second time searched google for otters.  

even when I'm very careful to not touch the first outward facing part of the ear bud it still happens.  

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE AN OPTION TO DISABLE THE LEFT EARBUDS SHORTCUT BUT NOT THE RIGHTS.  WHO'S DECISION (OR OVERSIGHT) WAS THAT?

please, incorporate a fix quickly.  this has made me rethink my purchase and am now considering exchanging them,  i truly don't want to since everything else is on point... but they're unusable currently

gunnhildur
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

I bought the Bose Sport Earbuds and I have used them twice. It is winter so I have to wear a hat for my runs. Both times the Bose Voice Assistant repeatedly called random people from my phonebook. It is absolutely unacceptable that this feature cannot be turned off, I cannot use the headphones. Please add an option to turn this off.

SleepySarah
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2021

Yes, please allow us to disable this feature. It's useless to me, and VERY annoying.

rjraley
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Yes please!!! I recently purchased the sport earbuds because my previous sound sport free pair (which I ABSOLUTELY LOVED!!!) stopped working after 2 years.  These were the new model so it made sense.  But the voice assistant is driving me NUTS!!!  Keeps making random calls to my contacts and then the touch control to end the call won't work.  PLEASE ADD THIS OPTION!!!!!

Cffarid
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

Yes, please add an option to disable the voice assistant feature. I like everything about the product minus that. I’m calling random contacts by accident every time I use the earbuds. Thanks!