Bose Sport Earbuds less sound quality in comparison with SoundSport Wireless
After 4 years waiting for a successor for the Bose SoundSport Wireless and Bose SoundSport Free...finally I could pre-order the Bose Sport Earbuds and they arrived today (25-09) in the morning as one of the first users (country\location Holland). When I put them on I immediately heard the lower sound quality difference in comparison with the SoundSport Wireless. The sound of the Sport is muffled and narrow where the SoundSport Wireless is spacious and crispy! I used to have the SoundSport Free also, but returned them because of the mono calling feature. Sound quality of the Wireless and Free are almost the same. The Soundsport Wireless was therefore my number 1 in use. After 4 hours intensive use and playback on the Sport and back to back switching with the SoundSport Wireless the difference is still noticeable. The sound quality is really important for me and I'm really disappointed in the sound quality of the Sport 😞
What did I try?
- Tried all 3 eartips according to the manual (experienced user because of SoundSport). Number 2 (default) is best fit\sound for me;
- No new firmware according to Bose Music app or BTU (https://btu.bose.com/). Current firmware is 1.0.7;
- Reboot\reset (30 sec bluetooth button pressed according to manual);
- 4 hours music playback for "warming up" the speakers;
1. Does anyone have the same experience with the Sport VS SoundSport Wireless or Free?
2. Does anyone have both the Bose Sport Earbuds and the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds? Do you notice a difference in sound quality? I didn't took the QC because I get headaches with ANC, but if the sound quality is better...maybe I should take them and turn ANC off. Turning ANC off also kills the sound quality most of the time, so is this still an option then? QC are bigger, so maybe better sound drivers...
3. To Bose: Is there a program for beta testing and can I join this? Maybe there is a bug causing the sound quality...or just maybe I got a faulty batch\item.
Either way I really love my Bose ecosystem (a lot of Bose products here), but this setback is giving me second thoughts on the earbuds area.