Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeverLift
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Bose Sport Open - Volume Tap Control

Bose product name: Bose Sport Open Earbuds

Firmware Version: 1.1.2-2174+132ebd5

App Version:

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) iPhone 12 Pro iOS 14.5.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: when Volume Tap Control is ON, the volume bounced up and down with almost every step while jogging. Only turning OFF the Volume Tap Control corrected the issue.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.) Jogging/Running

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? first run with the new product

Any troubleshooting steps you took Turned OFF VTC

5 REPLIES 5
Beckg
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2021

Re: Bose Sport Open - Volume Tap Control

I logged on to note this same issue. I've had no issue when running on a treadmill inside and I don't recall having issues when road running over the last few months, but as soon as I hit the trails/uneven surface this issue occurs.

The only solution I've found so far is what you did - turn off VTC - which is a bummer since that is a feature I use a lot when running [when my phone is not in my hand].

NeverLift
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Haven't tried on road or treadmill yet; only on trail run. Hopefully a firmware update will alter the sensitivity of the tap.

Jessie_O

Hey Both, 

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. 

The Bose Sport Open Earbuds do not use touch control in the traditional way. They use a motion sensor to sense when you touch the bud. Therefore, it seems as though the higher impact of running is causing this behavior. 

I would recommend turning the volume control off whilst running and then turning it back on once complete. 

Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Beckg
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2021

This is pretty disappointing for a premium product. Having volume control in the product vs needing to get a phone out of an arm band or elsewhere was a key reason I kept the Sport Open. Is this something that could potentially be addressed (updated feature request/bug fix - sounds like it may not be a bug?) in the product roadmap? Happy to make a request.

Jessie_O

Thanks Beckg, 

I have passed this onto the development team for review. However, this is not something that is guaranteed. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!