Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Bose Sport Wireless quit working

Hello all, I greatly appreciate any assistance here.  I bought these in April of 2019 and haven't had an issue until recently.  For some reason I'm getting nothing from my ear buds.  It's like they are both dead.  I've put them in the charger and had the case fully charged.  I also see when I have the case open and the ear buds inside the charge light is solid. I've left them in for hours and still can't get anything.  When I press the bluetooth button I sometimes can hear a single noise but that's it and nothing connects nor does any of my devices see them when searching on Bluetooth.  I made the dumb mistake to not buy extended warranty with these but this is still disappointing to have these only last a little over a year.  I'm not sure what else to do.  I've looked through prior threads and haven't been able to find a resolution.  There is no way I have found to reset these or anything. The charging case itself seems to be working fine as everything lights up when I plug it in and it shows a full charge. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose Sport Wireless quit working

Hey JDTV,

I'm sorry to hear your SoundSport Free headphones are having difficulties producing audio. From what you've explained, it sounds like the buds are charging perfectly fine, so this shouldn't be an issue.

What I'd recommend trying first is a reset on the buds, as shown HERE. Also, if you haven't already, it'd be best to check the product firmware is up-to-date HERE.

Afterward, test the buds and let me know if you notice any improvement in connecting to your devices!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Sorry if I missed something.  How do you turn wireless in ear buds off?  There is no on off switch on these.  I saw those instructions before and couldn't figure this part out.

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching back out to us JDTV! 

You can power off the earbuds by simply placing both earbuds in the charging case, then close the case, and the earbuds will power off.

If you have any other questions about your headset, please do let us know below. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!