Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Bose Sport and Quiet Comfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.0.7 - September 29th, 2020

On September 29th, 2020, we are releasing firmware for the Bose Sport Earbuds and the Quiet Comfort earbuds. This update can be made through the Bose Music App and the Bose Updater Site.

Some Bose Sport Earbuds and the Quiet Comfort earbuds will already come with the 1.0.7 firmware installed. In this case, there will be no update available for you to install. To check what version of firmware you have on your earbuds, in the Bose Music app navigate to the settings of your buds, scroll down to Support > Technical Info. Your firmware version will be listed right at the top.

Please note when updating via the btu.bose.com website it may take a long time for the update to install. We recommend the Bose Music app for this update and keeping the app in the foreground to reduce download times. However, you can still use your product while waiting for the Firmware to download through the app.

Firmware Versions:
Bose Sport Earbuds & Quiet Comfort Earbuds: 1.0.7

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

Optimizations and improvements to touch gestures.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

Re: Bose Sport and Quiet Comfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.0.7 - September 29th, 2020

Can the Tech support please release a patch to enhance the volume! I have to keep my new 700 earbuds on 75 80% volume. I would enjoy more volume so I would not have to keep the volume so high. This is my only issue. Please and Thanks!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Re: Bose Sport and Quiet Comfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.0.7 - September 29th, 2020

Same problem as bose frames 1st gen where this issue has never been solved ? 

I was about to buy one .... but might wait ... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Report Feedback/Bugs

Hi, is there a specific thread to report feedback/bugs?

I purchased the Bose Sport Earbuds for my iPhone and have notice a few issue that I hope are early bugs.

1). In-Ear Detection, Auto Play/Pause.  With this feature enabled, after placing the the right earbud back in my ear, it starts playing the last song I was listening to, period.  This happens whether or not I was listening to music when I removed the right ear.  It restarts music even if all music apps are closed. That said, I've turned off this setting.

2). Volume control.  It seems each individual app/audio event has control to override the volume, usually turning the volume up to its max.  This includes the Bose Music App itself, as most times after launch it turns the volume to max.  Most audio events turn the volume to max blasting my ears when a notification, app, switch or any other event accompanied by a sound occurs.  This is annoying, inconvenient and sometimes painful.

Again, I'm hoping these are day one glitches that will be addressed ASAP.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 3, 2020

We need a new update. The call quality is ridiculous 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

I keep getting complaints of high pitch noise when I’m on a call.  Sounds good on my end but all people I’m talking to say they here this background noise when I’m talking not when I’m not talking.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 30, 2020

Encountering a glitch(hopefully only a software glitch) where the double-tap left earbud to toggle noise cancelling levels will activate by itself. Quite annoying as calls or media I'm listening to will get interrupted by a chime & the NC levels will change. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP in a software update!

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

2). Volume control.  It seems each individual app/audio event has control to override the volume, usually turning the volume up to its max.  This includes the Bose Music App itself, as most times after launch it turns the volume to max.  Most audio events turn the volume to max blasting my ears when a notification, app, switch or any other event accompanied by a sound occurs.  This is annoying, inconvenient and sometimes painful.

Well my previous post disappeared, so I’ll say it again. I’m having the exact same problem and made a thread about it as well. Bose replied but didn’t have a fix for it yet and I’m assuming that it will take a firmware update to fix this bug.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I agree. The call quality really is not good. Hope this can be improved with a software update.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 15, 2015

Same problem. Tried my QC Noise Cancelling Earbuds for the first time and they were great. Excellent VOLUME and sound quality.

Within a few minutes, the new firmware stared downloading. As soon as the new firmware loaded, I had to have the volume turned up as high as possible to get adequate volume.

Help! Please fix this so my brand new earbuds sound as good as they did during my first few minutes with them.