Martin447
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Re: Bose Sport and QuietComfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.2.7 - January 12th, 2021

The same thing happened to me today. The update is a joke. The only thing that helped was putting the earbuds back in the case. But it is still very cumbersome to switch between devices. The missing function of jumping to the last song doesn't make the product any better either. And the audio delay puts the crown on it. In theory, all of this can be solved with a software update.

BogdanBla
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I do believe that the features that you request are not implemented via firmware. All these features are implemented via the Music Bose app. So, let's hope that Bose is gonna upgrade the software.

Irish_Viking
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

For the love of god, why will you not add an EQ like there is on the NC700 headphones?  It’s been asked ever since these overpriced buds came to the market.  Get on it already!

Travel_Gnome
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Please add the feature to the Bose Music App to change the Idle time down from 20 min to 10 or 5 like the Bose Connect app.

Also help me understand the horrific battery life when not in use.

I just transitioned from the wireless soundsport to the Bose sport buds, primarily for L & R ear calls.  Did the update to the new firmware as well.  What I have is the one feature I wanted but lost previous, what seemed like, base functionality.

Yesterday, I listened to music for about 45 min, then took the buds off and put them on my desk.  6 hours later, they were dead.  No, I did not put them in the case, I don't want to have the case with me at all times.  I want functionality like that provided in the earlier soundsport buds.

The wireless bose soundsports would turn off after 5 min (I tuned down from 20 min in the Bose Connect app) and I could pick them up, put in my ear and they would be at the same battery level 6-7-8 hours later even overnight.

If I am using them wrong, please explain.  The help in the site doesn't show a way to change the idle/shutdown time.

Thanks in advance

AV88
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Did the update on my sport earbud . Must say the Bluetooth connection issues have been fixed to a great extent . Also the sound seems a little boosted . Great update and appreciate you guys supporting the devices with updates .Good job bose.

Irish_Viking
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Sound seems boosted how?  The sound is no different for me on the QC buds

AV88
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

Iam using the sport version   .The left bud always seemed a little underpowered before the update . Post the update a significant change in terms of sound output . 

JD2102
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Thanks a lot for the update 🙏

Please provide access to turn off Google assistant this is causing issues when adjusting right earbud.. when we adjust right earbud google assistant gets involved if we do not respond try resuming song audio gets out if sync low volume 

fljackman@aol.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

The Bose Music app keeps telling me to install the firmware upgrade but the upgrade won’t install. I’ve followed all the steps repeatedly. I tried using the updater but it refuses to recognize my QC earbuds are in their case. Any suggestions?

Irish_Viking
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

For me, I had to run the update twice. I followed the instructions both times, but for some reason or another, it didn’t work the first time. The only thing I can think is maybe I didn’t leave them in the case long enough. The second time I did it I left them in the case for a good 30 minutes