Cam B.
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Re: Bose Sport and QuietComfort Earbuds Firmware - 1.2.7 - January 12th, 2021

I had no issues updating the firmware.  When I connected my QC earbuds, a new version of the updater prompted me to download it. Once the Updater install was complete, I launched the Updater webpage and my QC firmware began its installation.  I'm not sure how long it took, as I walked away from my laptop while the firmware was updating.

@AV88 Yes!  I can tell a difference in the boosted sound.

Bose, I'm patiently waiting for an update where I'll have the option to turn off the voice assistant.  It is very frustrating when the slightest mistouch triggers it and it ends up calling a random person in my contacts list.

Irish_Viking
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

@Cam B. What difference are you noticing?  I’ve got the QC buds as well and don’t notice anything different in the sound

cuyano1
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

Before the update, the Bluetooth connection was often interrupted, making it very inconvenient to use. I hope this update will improve it. The size of the right earbud and the left earbud volumes is very different when first connected after the update. If I raise the volume to the highest level, I can barely hear it from the right, but the sound from the left is too loud. I want to know if that happened only to my product. The left and right sounds need to be adjusted at least equally.

Tiberias64
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2021

I had this happen to my earbuds a couple days ago, so it's probably not the update. How I fixed it was simply restarting my phone. It hasn't happened since the restart. I have an Android phone if that's relevant at all. 

Kaasa
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I have the same problem. Can`t update by the app or the pc.

villibill
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

Same problem here. Doesn't do the update after closing the case.

silas seriously
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I had same issue but rectified it by reboot process

Chinky
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

Hoped for better update for the earbuds but got disappointed.

Still need some fixes/updates:
1. Give option to customize what HOLDING the buds do, and TAPPING 1, 2, 3 times does with it. Everybody else have it.

2. Can't even turn off the voice assistant. Why don't we have a option for that? It's not all people that uses voice assistant.

3. Need equalizer.

4. Sound quality outside is HORRIBLE. People tell me to turn it off. Im like what the f.... Is it soooo bad? Do i have a faulty device?

5. Sometimes after a call ended or picking up the earbuds my left earbud doesn't work. I have to put it in the case and put it in my ear again for it to work.

6. Bose Music App is bad. Problems sometimes connection the earbuds.

7. WHY do we have to enable location for the earbuds to work? That's not the case in fx Jabra or Sennheisser.

People tell about boosted sound? For me it's the same. Very good quality sound and ANC (actually the best i've tried)

psills
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

Yes, the lack of multipoint connection is a big issue especially since other models had it. I didn't purchase because of it.

woy649
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

Can you please fix charging issues with these Earbuds.

I purchased these for a single purpose - for use when I'm exercising.

When they're not in use, I place them in the case.

The amount of times I've found them to be drained when I'm about to go on a run is infuriating.

It does not matter how carefully I place them in the case - the case itself is plugged in and is fully charged.

I understand that you may want to optimise the battery charge cycles, but from what I can tell it rarely switches itself off which is the cause of the drain. It should be simple enough to 'sleep' (i.e. turn off bluetooth) when it's in the case.