GioMiami
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Bose Sport earbuds

I'm pretty sure everybody here keeps posting the same issue with the disconnection of the sport earbuds from the phone , I even thought that the problem was my old phone ( galaxy note10+) so I decided to get the latest Note 20 Ultra thinking of the final solution of my nightmare and the answer is NO.. 

I'm a professional bodybuilder and spends hours on the gym and like many others from this forum have tried absolutely everything to solved the problem of connections. 

My new earbuds which I already have them replace from bose keeps dropping my calls and they keep disconnecting from the phone very often. 

The question is what is bose going to do ?  Or should we just return the product get our money back and purchase a different brand? 

This is tiring and frustrating.. we really need help from support where calling is a nightmare and it seems there is no customer service anymore.

Please get serious on the answer and let's get this fix now. 

Thank you for helping.

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Re: Bose Sport earbuds

Hello GioMiami, 

Thank you for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you have had this experience with your earbuds. 

Can you please let us know exactly what steps you have attempted so far? This will ensure that we don't get you to repeat anything. 

I'd also like to know if this issue happens in all environments or just the gym?

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
GioMiami
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Thank you for your quick response , 

Let's see , I have the latest update of the ear buds , I unistaled the bose.app and reinstalled it again.

I delet the Bluetooth connection with the ear phone and redo it again. 

Everything from scratches I was actually excited about my new phone thinking that the old one was the problem but NO it is happening again.

Yes , it happens only at the gym and and the people on the other side either a normal phone call or using an app like whatsapp can't really hear what I'm saying , 

The problem I have is that my business is alway at the gym I literally live there and the earbuds are completely useless inside the building.

What it really surprised me is I never had  a problem with my previous bose sound sports but this new pair ( upgrade) giving lots of headaches since they came out,  I shouldn't never upgrade them and keep the old ones. 

Any solutions? 

Thank you 

P.S why customer service never answers the phones.

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this Gio! 

It's strange to hear that the issue only happens in the gym, this could be down to the interference being caused. When using them in the gym where are you placing your connected device? 

Let's go ahead and also reset the headset by following these steps below: 

• Place the earbuds in the charging case. Make sure the case is plugged in and charging
  • Close the charging case lid, wait 5 seconds, and then open the lid
  • Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds and then release. The earbuds' LEDs begin blinking, turn solid white, and then begin blinking blue. The product is now in pairing mode and the earbuds' device list is cleared
  • Reconnect product

I look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
GioMiami
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Thank you, 

I have done the reset , I will try them tomorrow January 4th and report back. 

FYI: I have already done that with my previous pair but they got change at the bose store for this new ones and but as I said it was doing exactly the same. 

I know it not going to work but I will be glad to report this matter can with this new try. 

I'm not a geek techy guy but I'm sure a new update is necessary towards connectivity. 

I don't want to give up yet on this pair because I'm still a loyal customer for Bose owning many different items including inside my car but I can't deny the annoying issue going on with disconnections.

Thank you and happy new year 

GioMiami
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2020

Hello amigo 

3 days straight, same thing , doesn't work ? I'm tired of the same.

Any suggestion? Before returning them back to bose and get money back!

Thank you 

Hector_B

Hey GioMiami, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us with a further update on this. Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Due to this, I would recommend that we explore service options for the earbuds, to do this please reach out to us via the Contact Us page here. Sorry that we couldn't resolve this for you via the Community.

ATX214
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2021

Sport Earbud Review

Bose product name

Sport Earbuds

Country

USA

Firmware Version

1.0.7-10904+620b71c

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

iPhone 12 

I had the older Sport earbuds and LOVED them, to the point the wouldn’t charge anymore. This was expected as I use them almost daily, all day, for 3ish years. So I was excited to get the latest, more sleek sport earbuds. I like them, but don’t love them like the older version (which I never had any issue with).

The new model

1) (My biggest issue) The rubber ear pieces don’t fit as well and are uncomfortable. They constantly pop out of my ear, which was never an issue with the older model ear piece. What makes the new ones more uncomfortable is how firm the rubber is and how large the cone shaped ear-canal piece is. I would happily pay for the older style rubber piece that fits the new sport buds.

2) After popping the earbud into the pod to charge, it doesn’t disconnect from my phone until I go to Bluetooth settings and disconnect. Yes, the bud is firmly in the pod and blinking that it’s charging. Never had this issue with the older model.

3) I will have the earbuds in and receive a call. I tap the earbud to answer and it automatically switches over to regular iPhone audio until I get to the screen and switch the audio method. Leading the person to wait for me until I switch it back over. This also was never an issue with the older model sport earbuds.

4) With the older charging pod, I could press the outer pod button once to see how charged the pod was. With the new version I have to open the pod lid in order to get the outer lights to show me the charge level.

5) These sport earbuds don’t always connect instantly with my phone when removed from pod. Yet again, never an issue with the older model.

I do love the new tech and the more low profile build of the new sport earbuds, but they have a lot of issues.