Charlotte_G

Re: Bose Sports Earbuds single earbud use

Hey @Dink0, thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I hope you are enjoying your new Bose Sports Earbuds! 😁

As mentioned by @Hector_B & @Sam_F, I'd like to reiterate:

We do not recommend just using the left earbud. If you'd like to just use one earbud, the right would be the best. This is because when you pair your Sports Earbuds to your phone, tablet or laptop, the Bluetooth connection occurs between the source device and the right earbud. The signal is then beamed over to the left earbud. So if you were to take out the right earbud and place it on a table, that earbud would go to sleep in about 20 minutes and, when that happens, the left earbud would lose its Bluetooth connection. Similarly, if you were to place the right earbud in the charging case and close the lid, the left earbud would lose its connection immediately.

As for calls, it’s worth noting that the microphone system that picks up your voice is located in the right earbud—another good reason to opt for the right earbud when you feel like only wearing one. 

Just be aware, when you choose to listen to the right earbud only, you won’t be able to access the touch controls on your left earbud.

I don't have any information regarding the ability to switch which earbud allows which controls, but I'll be sure to pass along your request to our development team.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

User-033c4
Participant
Registered since

Nov 29, 2020

hello community

I just got a present of a pair bose sport earbuds and I would like to know if it is possible, or might be available in a near future the posibility to use both earbuds independently since I noticed that you must take out the right bud from the base, to use the left one alone, and I find this particularly inconvenient. Thanks you.

BogdanBla
Enthusiast
Registered since

Nov 15, 2020

I asked this knn another topic too. I even opened a new one called "Let's ask Bose". I hate not beeing able to keep only the left earbud in the ear. It is a matter of software, i think. I want this feature too for this amount of money. 

Mlo303
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

I tried to play the left while the right earbud was put at charge and shut off......   this kind of suck knowing i paid 200plus....  maybe i should of stuck with samsung buds?

LoganM
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

Surely for this amount of money independent use should have been possible. I usually use the left and charge the right then use the right and charge the left giving longer use and talk time. Not being able to do that is frustrating.