Daileyzl428955
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2020

Bose free soundsport rubber button

I purchased these Bose free soundsport earbuds in February of 2018. Great product but today the rubber on the right headphone fell off. I have heard the early versions of these earbuds had this issue and there is a replacement offer.

16E53EEB-BF94-43D4-AA43-3F028B135493.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Bose free soundsport rubber button

Hey @Daileyzl428955,

I hope your SoundSport Free headphones have served you well so far! Sorry to see the condition of the buttons -  are you having trouble using the onboard controls for your listening needs?

If so, I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team to discuss the service options in place to fix the issue you're having. To do this, go to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
noche70
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

I have the same issue. Mine are working if I push the button with a pencil or something, but the whole rubber around the button is peeling off, barely hanging at the end. 

Is there a replacement for these?

Jessie_O

Thanks for reaching out, Noche70. 

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you are also experiencing this issue. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team using the details above. They will be able to give you specific information related to your region.

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Cybdiver
Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2020

SoundSport Free I've notice my friends complain the buttons started crumbling and holes would open up which would allow sweat in.  This of course happened to my pair also naturally after the warranty expired these types of things always happen after the warranty expires. 

I found a very small tube of Flex Seal and applied a "little dab" with a wooden match stick just enough to cover the hole don't try to build a button.  I Let it dry for 24 hours then touched it up with a black magic marker,  wait about 10 minutes for the marker to dry fully before putting them in your ears.    Okay so it's not the prettiest fix but with the black marker you hardly notice it.  The buttons might not work but they weren't working before.  At least water won't get in.  You can still control them from the phone.  I was lucky my buttons are working for now.  It's been about a month and the Flex Seal is holding up.   I used Flex Seal because as it says it's Flexible.  I hope this help prolongs the life of your earbuds.  Should Bose like to offer an upgrade deal my ears are open.