bakir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Bose offering replacement but with a different brand product

Hello,

I was offered from Bose Australia replacement of my Bose earphones with an offer to choose between Apple or Samsung type of earphones.

This was a huge suprise and dissapointment for me since I wanted the replacement with the same Bose branded earphone.

I would like to ask the Bose managment:

a) Is this standard practise (to offer third party replacement for your product ) ?

b) Does this make sense to you looking from the loyal customer point of view ? 

b) Don't you think that Bose brand is undermined with this practise since it directly promotes other earphone brands ?

Thank you for your reply !

Bakir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose offering replacement but with a different brand product

Author Accepted Answer selected by bakir

Hello Bakir, 

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting. 

I can confirm that Bose will never offer another brand's products in exchange for our own. You would have been offered a like-for-like replacement (or similar) for your headphones.

With regards to Samsung/Apple, this is in reference to the jack connection type of the headphones, as there are slight variations between the manufacturer's jack inputs. Using an Apple variant in a Samsung smartphone will allow you to listen to music, but you will be unable to use the in-line controls, or microphone. The same applies to using a Samsung variant on an iPhone/iPad. 

I hope this clears things up.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Most likely they are still offering you a Bose headphone.  I assume you have a wired headphone such as the QC25, Soundsport in-ear with in-line remote.  It could even be they are upgrading you from one without a remote to one with.  And the remote is where you need the compatibility

So what they are really asking you is what version of Bose headphones you want, because the cable can be brand specific.  For the QC25Apple ones, you can still plug them into android devices, you can still hear sound and you can still play/pause/answer phone from the in-line remote, but you won't be able to turn volume up and down (just from your device).  And the opposite for the QC25android version.  It comes down to the 3.5mm jack at the end.  You will see three bands (and I'm simplifying this as I'm not technical myself), but the three bands denote left, right, and mic/remote.  one of the Brands switched this around so that it went remote, left, right.  so it depends on which one you need.

grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

As mentioned it has to do with the plug. What they want to know is which brand of device you have so you get the correct plug. They are not offering you a different brand of headphones.

Author Accepted Answer selected by bakir

Hello Bakir, 

Welcome to the Community, thanks for posting. 

I can confirm that Bose will never offer another brand's products in exchange for our own. You would have been offered a like-for-like replacement (or similar) for your headphones.

With regards to Samsung/Apple, this is in reference to the jack connection type of the headphones, as there are slight variations between the manufacturer's jack inputs. Using an Apple variant in a Samsung smartphone will allow you to listen to music, but you will be unable to use the in-line controls, or microphone. The same applies to using a Samsung variant on an iPhone/iPad. 

I hope this clears things up.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

bakir
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Thank you everyone for the replays.

I have received my replacement phones.

Well done Bose, one very happy customer !