Highlighted
jw929
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Bose or Apple/MacOS Problem? (manual fix required) - SoundSport Free, no sound from left side

When I connect to my MacBook (macOS Mojave), I get no sound out of my left ear bud.  When I go into my sound preferences, the "Output" tab shows the Bose Free SoundSport and indicates that the selected device has no output controls.  This is the place where you usually see a balance control.

When you move to the "Input" tab, you can see that the Bose headphones are selected as an input device.  When I de-select this and choose the "Internal Microphone", things change on the "Output" tab.  Magically, now I have a Balance control for the output device and sound starts working for both ear buds.

THE BIG QUESTION - Is this a macOS or Bose issue?  How do I avoid having to make this configuration change EVERY time I connect via bluetooth?

1 REPLY 1
jw929
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Re: Bose or Apple/MacOS Problem? (manual fix required) - SoundSport Free, no sound from left side

I should have mentioned, the problem with this fix/workaround is that I cannot use the mic built into the headphones.