Highlighted
Thomasedalton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Bose sound sport free cutting out

I know that there are a lot of threads about this and I’ve read them for hours but have not found a working solution. My earbuds were manufactured on March 22, 2019 (according to the Bose app) and unless my phone is within a foot from my ear the earbuds cut out. Sometimes left, sometimes right will cut out, sometimes both. It doesn’t matter what pants/shorts I’m wearing. Even with my phone in an arm strap, still cuts out.
I’ve noticed that this has been an issue for a while and can not understand why, if my earbuds were indeed manufactured only a few months ago, that this wasn’t fixed already. I had such high hopes for these and am so incredibly frustrated and disappointed. I’d hate to think that I just threw away $200 on these.
If anyone has actually figured out a solutions to this issue, I would be very interested and appreciative to know how to solve the problem.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose sound sport free cutting out

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Thomasedalton,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this cutting out with your SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones. 

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I would love to see how I can help you today. 

I appreciate that you have read through other threads relating to this issue, but I would just like to check that you have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check for an install any available product updates via btu.bose.com.
  • Try using another device to see if the issue persists.
  • Ensure your phone is running the latest software along with the apps you are using.
  • Tes with different apps to see if the problem is consistent across the device.
  • Reset the headphones - 1. Place the earbuds into the charging case. 2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds. 3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. 4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again.
  • Cleared the Bluetooth pairing list by holding the Bluetooth button for approx 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared", then remove/forget the headphones from your phone. Re-test the connection. 

If you have tried all the above suggestions, I would highly recommend that you call into your local Customer Service center to discuss service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, please do get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hello Thomasedalton,

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this cutting out with your SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones. 

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I would love to see how I can help you today. 

I appreciate that you have read through other threads relating to this issue, but I would just like to check that you have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check for an install any available product updates via btu.bose.com.
  • Try using another device to see if the issue persists.
  • Ensure your phone is running the latest software along with the apps you are using.
  • Tes with different apps to see if the problem is consistent across the device.
  • Reset the headphones - 1. Place the earbuds into the charging case. 2. Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds. 3. Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. 4. Remove the earbuds from the case and try again.
  • Cleared the Bluetooth pairing list by holding the Bluetooth button for approx 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared", then remove/forget the headphones from your phone. Re-test the connection. 

If you have tried all the above suggestions, I would highly recommend that you call into your local Customer Service center to discuss service options. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

I hope this helps and if you have any questions, please do get back to me.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

View solution in original post

Thomasedalton
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 12, 2019

Tried all of this.  Nothing worked.  Still have problems.  Unless the phone is right next to the earbuds, it sputters and cuts out.   I went to Best Buy yesterday and bought another pair thinking maybe i had bought a defective set.   NOPE.  Having the exact same issue with the new ones.  Nose is usually very reliable but these earbuds are useless if they cut out when you put your phone in your pocket.  

Evanjoh@att.net
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

I have the same problem. It seems to have started at the same time as one of the apple iOS updates. Resetting Bluetooth and even changing phones does not help. I have had the earbuds a couple of years which is why I think it is related to the iOS update.  I have updated the firmware to 2.80 too. This is annoying