Harikrishnan Pichumani
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Bose soundsport free ear buds charging dock missing

Bose product name: Bose soundsport free ear buds

Firmware Version: Not sure

App Version: 15.0

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

IPhone 7 Plus on iOS on iOS 14.4.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce.

Lost my Bose soundsport free ear buds yesterday. Need help to find my buds with location. Find my buds in iOS app is unable to locate my device.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

NA

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

NA

Any troubleshooting steps you took.

Tried to use the Bose connect app in iOS device and tried to use find my buds option. But the app says no device to be found. Need help to understand how to locate my device if I have misplaced it or if it’s stolen?

attaching my serial no of the device on request.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_E

Re: Bose soundsport free ear buds charging dock missing

Author Accepted Answer selected by Harikrishnan Pichumani

Hi all,

@Morlock - thanks for your help! 🙂

@Harikrishnan Pichumani - thanks for your posts, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you appear to have lost your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. Unfortunately, if the "Find my buds" feature is unable to locate them, then the only option is for us to set up a non-warranty replacement of your SoundSport Free wireless headphones.

If you would be interested in this option, please give us a call by contacting our customer support team in India. Details of our contact number and opening times can be found here:

https://www.boseapac.com/en_in/contact_us.html

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Best regards

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

If they have been stolen, there's nothing you can do.  Find my buds will only locate the last place your headphones were connected to the app by BT, so if they move from that location (ie stolen) you're out of luck.

Now the first question is: have you used "find my buds" with these earbuds before?  Because you have to have turned it on for it to work.  If this was the first time, then I don't think you can find them.

After that I'm not sure what to suggest.

Harikrishnan Pichumani
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

64C0C7F2-40D9-4A91-B1C8-5F6A65C9FBDB.png

Hello,

I haven’t used find my buds earlier. Last I saw the device was a week before. When I tried find my buds option, it says no product available. I have serial no in the box, is there anything that can be done with the SNO? Like block the device from working or trace it?

Thanks

Ben_E

Author Accepted Answer selected by Harikrishnan Pichumani

Hi all,

@Morlock - thanks for your help! 🙂

@Harikrishnan Pichumani - thanks for your posts, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am very sorry to hear that you appear to have lost your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. Unfortunately, if the "Find my buds" feature is unable to locate them, then the only option is for us to set up a non-warranty replacement of your SoundSport Free wireless headphones.

If you would be interested in this option, please give us a call by contacting our customer support team in India. Details of our contact number and opening times can be found here:

https://www.boseapac.com/en_in/contact_us.html

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance!

Best regards

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!

View solution in original post

Harikrishnan Pichumani
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reaching out and providing your valuable information. I have got in touch with customer care in india and they have got the details for non warranty replacement of soundsport wireless free headphones. I’ll keep you posted with the next updates.

cheers mate,

Hari

Harikrishnan Pichumani
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Hi Ben,

I tried contacting Bose india customer care via phone call with the link but the call is getting disconnected before even the customer support team attends my call. Is there any email reference which I can try? Can you please help me with Bose india customer care email who can help me with my non warranty replacement of Bose soundsport free wireless headphones? I’d be eternally helpful for your help.

Regards,

Hari

Vicky_W

@Harikrishnan Pichumani,  I am sorry but this is a peer-to-peer based support forum and we are unable to assist in customer service issues. If you need help with customer service, please continue give us a call. I would recommend calling in the provided opening hours to ensure you can speak with the team. I do apologize for any inconvenience. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Harikrishnan Pichumani
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2021

Hi Ben,

I had a word with Bose Indian customer care and here is what the reply I received. Can you please help me to understand if this is valid and correct? Please help me to understand better.

384B7210-B69D-4EA8-B538-3F1109039951.png

Vicky_W

@Harikrishnan Pichumani, we are unable to comment on customer service issues. But yes, lost earbuds are not covered under warranty. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!