Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 30, 2019

Bose soundsport free left earbud isn't connecting to right earbud

I don't know why but today when I took my bouse soundport free outside of their case(which was charged overnight), I could only hear music through my right earbud. I devided to put them in the box and remove them several times before looking at the internet for my issue. I saw different posts about the buds not connecting to a bluetooth device or to each other and tried every method I found with no luck. I updated them as well only for the issue to persist, So this is what is happening right now: I take my right earbud out, it automatically connects to any of the devices I tried to make these work(my phone, friend's phone, laptop, or computer) and works like a charm. The blue earbud, on the other hand, has blue light blinking throughout. I tried to press the button for varying amounts of time and nothing happenned. I even tried turning bluetooth off on all the devices and then seeing if the left earbud would eventually connect to the right one but that didn't work either. My closest serivce are all closed and I have no idea what I should do. Any help?

TLDR: Left earbud isn't connecting to right earbud, tried all the techniques I could find

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose soundsport free left earbud isn't connecting to right earbud

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi thejellymon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I appreciate your feedback and understand your frustrations regarding this. 

If you have attempted all troubleshooting methods in this thread then  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi thedroidfanboy, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist further. 

Can you please confirm if this issue persists if you remove the left earbud from the case first? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Get in line—everyone is having the problem. Myself included. Spending 20 minutes hoping that one of the "tricks" works for the left bud to sync is one of the most infuriating wastes of time I have almost ever spent. Nothing worst when you wake up early for a workout and your headphones don't sync for no reason at all.

How is it possible this is such a problem for so many people and there's no firmware update or fix??? Unacceptable bose. 

Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi thejellymon, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I appreciate your feedback and understand your frustrations regarding this. 

If you have attempted all troubleshooting methods in this thread then  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 29, 2019

Same issues with my earbuds. Obviously a systemic flaw with this product. Everyone seems to be having this issue. I’ll be throwing mine out and buying the Apple headphones. Major fail Bose! Don’t put a product to market until it works. It’s bad for your brand. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

okay i found thru boses site there is an update u can do manually https://btu.bose.com/?p=-1#section=device..  but guess what didn't work wow really 350 for these and you cant pair left by it self

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

Left Earbud for Bose soundsport free wireless not connecting out of the box

I got these headphones as a gift recently. As the title says, the left Earbud won't connect at all. It does turn on on though, and gives off a continuous white blinking light whenever the right Earbud connects. The case shows it as being fully charged as well. I've had the same issue when connecting to windows 10, iOS, and Android. Is it just faulty? Any help would be appreciated.