Highlighted
Lilaznvin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 13, 2019

Bose soundsport free quality and connection issues

I’ve been satisfied with my sound sport wireless free earbuds for a little while but that was not to last.  Recently with a software download the quality dropped off significantly and I’m also noticing connectivity issues.  I’m not sure if the quality was due to the download or what but the pitch on the treble is super high and the base super low.  It’s like someone messed with the equalizer but of course I know that not to be the case since there is no equalizer for these earbuds!  The connection issues are definitely after the download with the app which is not the most friendly experience.  After paying 200+ for what I thought would be quality I am deeply dissatisfied and am looking to another brand

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose soundsport free quality and connection issues

Hi Lilaznvin, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your SoundSport Free headphones and would love to assist you further. 

I understand that you said you feel that an update may have changed something to the headphones and would highly recommend that you ensure that the headphones are running the latest software version for the latest bug fixes and improvements. The best way to ensure that you are running the latest update would be to connect the headphones to a PC via our Bose Online Updater as well as performing a reset on the headphones via: 

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support