Chloe.G.
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

Bose soundsport free wireless headphone cutting out mid-music

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Soundsport free wireless

Country

United Kingdom

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Samsung Galaxy S6 on Android 9. Also samsung note 10+ 5g on latest android version

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The earbuds can only play approximately 1 song after connecting to a device before they disconnect and flash a red light. If you do not play music then the earbuds stay connected. Also, according to the Bose connect app, when I play a song, it seems to deplete the battery by approx 10% at once.

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

All environments, tested at home and at work.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I have seen the issue for approx 1 week, prior to this they were my dads earbuds. He did not seem to have this issue, but he also hadn't used them for a reasonable period of time.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

I have tried resetting the earbuds completely.

I have updated all firmware.

I have tried depleting the entire battery and then re-charging them.

Tried removing all bluetooth devices both from earbuds and from the device I'm trying to use. 

1 REPLY 1
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose soundsport free wireless headphone cutting out mid-music

Hi Chloe.G.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If you are getting a flashing red light on the headphones, this does let you know they have encountered an error while using them. Given you have already performed all of the troubleshooting I would recommend for an issue like this, you will need to look into the service options for the headphones with your local support team. 

As you are in the UK, you can reach your local support team HERE, or you can set up a service for your headphones online through our website HERE.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!