Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Bose soundsport free

bose soundsport free Bluetooth connection problems with android Device like (Samsung Galaxy Note 9). please fix is issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport free

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-bf78e

Thanks you for answer. But problem is not solved. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hello,  

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear you having trouble with the Bluetooth connection to your headphones from your Note 9 and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, what is the connection problem you are having with your headphones?

As you mention you are specifically having trouble with your Note 9, have you tried connecting your headphones to any other Bluetooth devices? Do you have the same problems with other devices?

We do have some helpful troubleshooting steps for when experiencing Bluetooth issues available HERE. I would recommend trying the steps suggested there to start with.

It would also be worth checking for and installing any available updates for your headphones. You can do this by going to our Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by User-bf78e

Thanks you for answer. But problem is not solved. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Bose soundsport free

Hi, I've been using my soundsport for two months and now I can not sync them with my phone 

The light from the left earbud keeps flashing in white. Never turns into blue.

Any help? They are brand new,va xmas present

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Hi

I just got a replacement of soundsport free earbuds as I have had 4 pairs of soundsport pulse Previous to this replaced due to Bluetooth connectivity problems.

i changed to the free buds as I really hoped the issue would not be the same but unfortunately I went running today out side and the connection kept dropping off.

i was sick 🤢and so disappointed. In around the house they seemed to work well but I wasn’t gone 20 minutes into my run when they disconnected then they reconnected then I couldn’t hear the music so I checked connection and they said they were connected .

i then disconnected and reconnected and again nothing I continued my run and the next thing the music started playing again delighted with myself and thought here we go then 3 minutes it dropped off again 🤮. 

I really don’t know where to go from here it’s pathetic for such an expensive bit of kit it seems the issue s are not being fixed and I d swear all Bose are doing are reconditioning the old headphones and resending them out as replacements. 

that said the sound is amazing when they work and they are the most comfortable headphone I have ever had in my ear 

that said they are still not fit for purpose..

fix this please BOSE so fed up sending them bk and getting replacements that have the same issue this will be my 5th replacement 🙄 And going on I d say 2/3 years 🤷🏻‍♂️

Highlighted

Hello Austinkel, 

Welcome to the Community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones. When you were running, was your smartphone in your left pocket/side? I ask this because the headphones work in a puppet/master configuration, so the right bud connects to the phone, and the received signal is then transmitted to the left bud. The left bud at no time communicates with the phone. If possible, please try exercising again with the phone closer to the right bud to ensure a clearer line of sight (the human body can sometimes act as a barrier for Bluetooth signals.) 

I would also recommend attempting to clear the device list and establish a new connection.

Further to this, I'd suggest checking to make sure they are running the latest firmware by visiting this link on a computer.

If you continue to have issues, do not hesitate to get back in touch with local support. 

I hope this helps!

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Hi

when I run I generally have the phone held in my right hand . My right hand is no further Then 3ft  away from my ear Maximum.

surely this adequate range to expect Bluetooth range to work from. Can you confirm the standard tested range.

i can confirm i opened the new headphones and updated everything from app To headphones. 

I will go running tomorrow and give them another try but so so so disappointed like can you explain what’s going on with all the problems with your head sets 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Austinkel, please do test the steps outlined above by Jeff prior to your next run. It's unusual to hear that you've been through multiple exchanges with different headsets - the only variable that hasn't been discussed is what device are you connecting the headphones to. Have you tested different phones/tablets to compare results? 

As noted by Jeff, should you still continue to experience difficulties with connectivity, please do reach out to your local Bose support team directly who will be happy to assist further. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

What is the latest firmware my earbuds are running 2.8.0 and saying they are up to date I did it just now to make sure. I will be in touch tomorrow after my run... 🤞🏻 Fingers crossed thanks 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

well after running with phone in right hand the connection was constant and over the 60minutes it did not drop off.

this is a positive and although not ideal it seems to have worked. Again it wasn’t raining and conditions were favourable I will report further as I try out this new method over the coming days.

thanks