Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Bose soundsport in wash

Hi,

Accidentally my bose soundsport earphones were put through the wash they seem okay at first glance, however they still charge as the light comes on to indicate this however they cannot turn on at all, was jus wondering if there is anything I can do about this as I imagine them being put in the wash voids the warranty.

Many thanks.

Bose product name

Bose soundsport wireless headphones 

image.jpg

Country

England (United Kindom)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

were fine before the incident.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

dried them out but made no difference sadly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose soundsport in wash

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kallum9201

Hey Kallum9201,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to see what happened to your headphones, but I'd be happy to advise.

From the photo you've provided, it seems as if your headphones are showing a solid red LED, which would indicate a hardware error. This could be why your headphones are no longer turning on. Ensure the headphones are completely dry and free from the water before you attempt to charge, but I'd recommend connecting to a computer, visiting our BTU site HERE, and pushing the latest firmware update.

If you still notice no improvement, then your headphones will likely need to be serviced. To do this, reach out to your local support team by going to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by Kallum9201

Hey Kallum9201,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to see what happened to your headphones, but I'd be happy to advise.

From the photo you've provided, it seems as if your headphones are showing a solid red LED, which would indicate a hardware error. This could be why your headphones are no longer turning on. Ensure the headphones are completely dry and free from the water before you attempt to charge, but I'd recommend connecting to a computer, visiting our BTU site HERE, and pushing the latest firmware update.

If you still notice no improvement, then your headphones will likely need to be serviced. To do this, reach out to your local support team by going to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

I will try this now and if not I will do as you suggested . Thankyou for your time and your help, many thanks.