Highlighted
Tj_918
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose soundsport showing orange indicator then flashing green instantly with no charge

Hello. Whenever i plug

my headset into the charger it will flash orange a few times and automatically go to green. I know they aren’t fully charged but the app and iPhone shows it at 80-90 percent but instantly shoots down to 20 percent then eventually off. I have looked and tried all the steps in resetting my Bose soundsport headphones and I would like to know what is the fix if a reset doesn’t fix it. Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bose soundsport showing orange indicator then flashing green instantly with no charge

Hi Tj_918, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having issues with your SoundSport Headphones and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, can you please confirm if you have the SoundSport Wireless or the SoundSport Free Wireless so that I can provide you with the correct troubleshooting steps. I would highly recommend that you attempt to charge the headphones via a wall outlet or a different charging port to ensure that this is not the issue. 

If you are unsure of which product you have you can easily use our identifier here https://bose.life/2JOc45e. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Tj_918
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Bose soundsport showing orange indicator then flashing green instantly with no charge

Thank you Hector for the prompt response. i have the soundsport wireless headphones. I have tried every possible method of charging. I have tried wall charger, car charger and battery pack. Thank you for your interest

Hello Tj_918,

This is certainly unusual. Thank you for confirming the model of your headphones.

I would first like to suggest that you ensure your headphones are running the latest available firmware version. You can do this by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions.

Another recommendation is to reset your headphones. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  2. Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  4. Turn on the headset

Once you have completed these steps, please monitor the charging behavior and report back to us.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Tj_918
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

thank you for the tips, however it did not work. showing the same symptoms. Still automatically goes directly to green after going dead in my ears. I have also ensured that the firmware is updated to the latest through the bose connect app.

Hello Tj_918,

Thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry that the issue persists.

As we have explored all troubleshooting steps and not gained a resolution, I would have to recommend that you contact your local customer support team to discuss your service options.

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Tj_918
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

so, I have one issue. is it possible to ship them? I am in the military and i live in korea and I dont believe that there is a facility here to fix them. thank you!

Runningrebel93
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 6, 2019

Would like to say this isn't that usual since this is the exact reason why I came to this forum.  Mine is doing the exact same thing. 

Hi Tj_918, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! 

There is a customer support team in Korea, you can contact them via the Contact Us page for Bose Korea here. The team will be able to assist you further and explain all service options that are available to you. 

Please update us on the result of your call. If any other community members are also experiencing this issue after attempting the steps above I would also urge you to contact customer support via the link provided above by Charlotte_G. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B