bhattaomatic
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Bose soundsport wired earphones battery lasts for 1 hr only

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name : SoundSport In-Ear Headsets wired

Firmware Version: 3.0.4

App Version: 15

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.) All pc and phones

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: The battery backup is less than an hour.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)All environment

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Initially the battery used to last for 3 to 4 hrs but now it is gone down below 1 hr.

Any troubleshooting steps you took: NA

6 REPLIES 6
Vicky_W

Re: Bose soundsport wired earphones battery lasts for 1 hr only

Hey bhattaomatic,

Thanks for reaching out today and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.

I would love to assist you in getting this issue resolved, however, I really would need to know which specific headphones you have. You can use this page here to type in the serial number of your headphones.  This will then tell you the specific name of your device.

I very much look forward to your response. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bhattaomatic
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Name of the product returned: SoundSport wireless headphones

Sam_F

Hey bhattomatic,

Thank you for confirming that. Have you tried using a different cable for charging the headphones, or a different power socket/outlet?

Also, if you haven't already, I'd recommend updating the product firmware HERE. Afterward, charge the headphones fully and let us know how many hours of battery life you receive.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
bhattaomatic
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

I have changed the charging cable and updated the firmware, now the battery lasts for 3 hours instead of 1. I don't think it is still acceptable as a proper solution. 3 hours is just not sufficient. Sometimes during a meeting the battery goes off.

azlocal
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2019

I just posted the same exact issue after a stupid firmware update. Now battery lasts about 50 minutes. Bose is doing a great job at screwing their customers and expect them to purchase a new one at a discounted price. 

Sam_F

Thank you for trying the steps, @bhattaomatic - I'm sorry this did not help things.

To you and @azlocal, if you're not noticing an improvement in the battery life, I'd recommend reaching out to Bose support to look into the available service options. This will be the best route to take the resolve the issue you're currently experiencing.

To find appropriate contact details, go to https://bose.life/2WPxenI > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Let me know how you get on or if you have any further queries regarding this.