Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2019

Bose sport earbud call quality has loud background noise

• Just got my new sport earbuds.  When talking on the phone I have been receiving complaints that there is loud background noise being heard by the person I’m talking to.   Almost everyone I’ve talked to said they can hear my background noise and it sounds high pitched and very distracting.  The main reason I got these is because I have the sound sports and they have amazing call quality.  I have reset my iPhone X, I have reset the earbuds via the 30second button hold on case and have latest firmware available as of 10/2/2020. Have also tried different ear tips and made sure they are oriented correctly. Any suggestions?
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Bose sport earbud call quality has loud background noise

Hello Siege, 

Thank you for posting in the forums and for choosing our new Sport Earbuds! 

The steps you have tried so far are great! I have not heard of anyone else having this issue so we may need to dig a little deeper into this. 

• Your iPhone X, is it on the latest firmware version? 
  • Where are you when this happens? 
  • Have you tried the steps here
  • Does this happen on a regular call or a WiFi or VOIP call? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

While taking a call on smartphone the call wobbles between left and right channel. 

Making a call over a window 10 computer with ms teams or Cisco webex is just a big no no. Its not possible to endure the loud background noise. Its horrible.

Had to switch back to my Plantronics 6200uc for business calls. What a relief.

Bose you need to update the firmware with respect towards your customers and to not loose us. Call quality is awful. No sound adjustments as well....very strange. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

I have also received reports of bad sound quality. I have iPhone X running iOS 14.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 26, 2020

I am having issues when driving especially volume from mic is loud then quiet then loud. 

latest update of firmware. 

it’s frustrating because I have to repeat myself continually and makes it difficult. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2018

Noticing terrible call quality with zoom on Macbook, in a quiet closed room. Participants in the meeting complain about me sounding very feeble and unclear. For reference, I have not heard any such complaints with Bose Soundsport Wireless or Galaxy Buds+ or Airpods Pro

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Re: Bose sport earbud call quality has loud background noiseI got Bose sports earbuds and the call quality is really bad. Everyone is complaining of some weird background noise or voice coming from a distance. Please do something about it as calling feature is a very important aspect.

Highlighted

Re: Sports earbuds 2020 call quality is very bad

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

Have you all tried the troubleshooting outlined by @Vicky_W above? If not I would definitely recommend doing so as I am sure this will help with your experience on calls!

Please let me know how you all get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Tried everything that is mentioned but still facing problems. The call quality is really a disappointment. Please do something. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2020

My Bose QuietComfort Earbuds have the same problem, any suggestions?