Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modyluka
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2020

Bug After Adding Volume Control to QC Buds

Hello guys ,

After updating the app yesterday to the new version and followed with the announcement of adding volume control to the buds, I am facing a bug where the volume control on the buds doesn't change the volume bar on the app, nor the overall volume bar of the phone itself. So If the phone is separate, I believe the volume of the buds should be matched with the volume bar in the bose music app (which is controlling the buds!)

I tried resetting the app and restating the phone and re-pairing the buds butvall that didn't fix the volume sync issue.

I wish this is solved soon as to give me indication of the actual volume at all times.

I was hoping also since the swipe can be done up and down for volume control, if the same happens right and leftvfor next and previous music track, this would be really amazing functionality to have.

Quite Comfort Buds

United Arab Emirates

Firmware Version

(1.0.7)

App Version

(4.2.4)

(Samsung Galaxy Note 10+)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bug After Adding Volume Control to QC Buds

Author Accepted Answer selected by modyluka

Hey modyluka,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome! I hope you've been enjoying your QC earbuds.

The newly introduced volume control will adjust the level of volume of the audio you're listening to, and this will reflect on the volume of your source device. I've got a pair of QC earbuds myself, and on my iPhone, I can see the volume meter increase and decrease depending on how I use the touch control.

What you may want to try is a reset on the earbuds, and also just to test with a different device if possible, so we can see whether behavior on a different device is the same when using the volume controls. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by modyluka

Hey modyluka,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome! I hope you've been enjoying your QC earbuds.

The newly introduced volume control will adjust the level of volume of the audio you're listening to, and this will reflect on the volume of your source device. I've got a pair of QC earbuds myself, and on my iPhone, I can see the volume meter increase and decrease depending on how I use the touch control.

What you may want to try is a reset on the earbuds, and also just to test with a different device if possible, so we can see whether behavior on a different device is the same when using the volume controls. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

SiobhanPop
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

I had a volume issue today after the update - it dropped completely in the left one at first and then in both, to about half the normal volume.  The reboot totally worked so thank you.