Buzzing and cracking

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Buzzing and cracking

I have a pair of QC 30. They have worked flawlessly until recently and I’ve been v pleased with them. There is now a loud buzzing noise in the background plus loud crackling noises in the left ear. The crackling noise might be made worse by movement but it’s difficult to tell. I also think that the quality of the sound is worse and certainly worse than a pair of Bowers and Wilkins headphones I have whereas they were pretty equivalent. I’ve reset them, checked they are on the most recent software, tried different devices to no avail. Any suggestions please?  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buzzing and cracking

Hi JonathanL, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I appreciate the troubleshooting that you have attempted and I am sorry to hear that this did not resolve your issue, however I would love to help. 

Blocked ports on the earbuds can cause a feedback-like squealing sound. Please ensure they are clean and nothing is blocking them. 

Can you please also confirm if you are getting this noise in both ears or one? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Thank you. No the earbuds are clean. The buzzing noise is in both earphones. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Hi JonathanL, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

It looks as though you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend in this case. I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support