ferretgrrl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Can't find earbuds

I have either misplaced my Soundsport Free earbuds or they've been stolen.  I went to my Bose Connect app and tried to use the Find My Buds option and it seemed to find them right away at my location, but before I could get them to make a sound, I accidentally toggled the Enable Find My Buds to the off position.  Once I turned it back on it no longer was able to locate my buds and I read that is has to be enabled before they're lost.  Is it too late?  It WAS enabled before they were lost, but once I turned it off and back on, it seems to have lost all information.  Can I get it back?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ferretgrrl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 20, 2019

Re: Can't find earbuds

Okay, good news is I found the buds.  And knowing how easily they can get misplaced, I wanted to re-enable the Find My Buds option.  But all it will tell me now when I toggle it to the 'on' position is, "No products available."  How do I get it to reset before the next time I lose them?

Highlighted

Re: Can't find earbuds

Hello Ferretgrrl,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community, 

I'm glad to hear you were able to locate your lost SoundSport Free headphones. 

With regard to Find My Buds, I would recommend the following:

1. Reset the product

- Place your earbuds in the charging case
- Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
- Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
- Remove your earbuds from the case.

2. Ensure 'Location Services' is enabled for the Bose Connect app. This can be found in the privacy settings on your phone's settings. Alternatively, you can uninstall/reinstall the app. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.