Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Case not charging

Hi 

I have purchased my Bose soundsport 2 years back but have not used them enough as last year i purchased apple air pods and was relying much on them. So now after 4-5 months i again want to use my bose headphones and placed them in the charging case to charge. I put them to charge for half an hour but it is not charging as there is no indication of charging. Is there any suggestion on the same how long i have to put them plugged in to charge them and again use them. I have hardly used them for 20 to 30 times.

Please suggest......

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Case not charging

Hello Aakash.Panwar, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your SoundSport Free's charging case. 

The headphones take around an hour and a half to fully charge from flat. Can you please let us know if you are able to see any LED's inside the charging case at all? 

I would recommend that we ensure that the headset is up to date as you state that you haven't used them often. To do this simply connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable, once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions to update the headset. 

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Thanks for the help but i tried to do the same thing but it is not helpful. There is no LED indication in the case while charging even if i plug the case to charge there is no LED indication, it seems like they are completely dead..... I had tried to connect them with the PC to update but it is just showing that the case is empty. I remember that when i used them last time i charged them fully and kept them but have not used them since then. I don't think so that there some damage done to the product physically. My main concern is it is not showing any power indication at all when put on charge. I put them for almost half an hour still no sign of LED's.

Please suggest what could be the possible reason for that... During this lockdown i can not even visit the service center for help

Highlighted

I am so sorry Aakash, but as you have tried all troubleshooting, the best option would be to look into replacing the case, can I please ask which region you are in?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

I am in India at the moment plus i need to know what happened to the current case as i haven't used it.... So you mean to say that something happened to it without even in use.... In that case if i am going to purchase another one, same thing can happen to that as well. 

Highlighted

Hi Aakash.panwar,

As you are in India, you can reach out to the phone number HERE for support with this as well.

It is possible that something has happened to them while you have had them in storage, I could not say for certain what though as the circumstances in which they were stored and previously used can obviously impact what happens with the headphones. However, I would not expect this to happen with any replacement set of earbuds if you were to get these replaced or buy another pair.

I hope this helps.