Highlighted
joricmagusara
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

Charging Issue

I'm having trouble charging my Soundsports Free. While charging, the 2nd and 4th light indicators of the charging case glow at the same time. What does it mean?  How do I solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Charging Issue

Hi there @joricmagusara and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the battery problem you're having here. Usually, a 2nd and 4th LED means that the case has experienced an issue with charging as you have described here.

As such, I would recommend that you try the following:

• Please try charging the case with another USB, ensuring that this is seated securely on both ends, and trying this with another outlet or power source.
  • Please check that you're using a compatible charger. Some chargers with a low current (e.g. 0.5A) may charge very slowly or not at all, so I would recommend checking the rating of the charger you use to ensure that this outputs at 1A or higher.
  • Please connect the charging case to a computer/laptop using the cable and go to our updater website. The instructions on this page will guide you through manually updating this. Once updated, please connect the case back to a dedicated power supply and check this again!

If you have performed all of the above and are still having the same LED's appear, I would advise that you reach out to your local support by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please let me know how you get on or if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support