therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Charging cable for qc earbuds

Hi, 

Sorry if this has already been covered but I was wondering what kind of cable the qc earbuds are charged with. I thought it was a standard usb-c but obviously not. Is it the Bose version of a usb-c? Was just wondering in preparation for when I inevitably lose it! I had a look on the Bose shop but none of the cables seemed to be compatible with the qc earbuds. 

Thanks 

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Re: Charging cable for qc earbuds

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi @therobj ! From the picture you provided it looks like the cable on the right is a micro-USB type connector, not a USB-C type connector. That would not be compatible with the QC Earbuds. However, all USB-C type connectors should be compatible with your earbuds.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_F

Hey therobj,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'd be happy to answer your QC Earbuds query.

The charging cable included with the earbuds is a USB-C (A to C) cable (12"), with one end plugging into the QC Earbuds case and the other end into a standard USB-A port. If you need to get hold of one, I'd recommend reaching out to local support, to speak to our team who can help get you one. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hi, 

I thought it was a usb-c but none of my other usb-c cables fit in the case. Are there different types of usb-c cables or is this a special bose version? 

Charlotte_G

@therobj That's very strange, it's not a different USB-C port. Are you able to compare your other USB-C's with the one that came with the earbuds? 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G  thanks for getting back to me. I have attached a picture of my bose cable (left) and a generic usb-c cable (right). As you can see they are slightly different. Am I missing something here?!

9D88CCFF-41A9-4FBE-BC4B-D814E9D4015D.jpeg

Vicky_W

@therobj, How strange, having tested multiple USB-C cables around the house myself, I can confirm that it is a standard USB-C cable. If you do need another in the future, reach out to us and we can help you to source one. 😊

Sean_L
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jan 27, 2017

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hi @therobj ! From the picture you provided it looks like the cable on the right is a micro-USB type connector, not a USB-C type connector. That would not be compatible with the QC Earbuds. However, all USB-C type connectors should be compatible with your earbuds.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

therobj
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

hey @Sean_L thanks for the help. i've been thinking these were usb-c's all this time! so confusing! thanks for your help!